Shave of the day, Saturday 27/08/2011

Thursday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Bulldog asb

I first shaved with the DE89 back in mid July, and I haven't shaved with anything else since.

Ian

No shave today, I made one of these instead:
010615x800.jpg

Stuck with the Wizamet razor for the third day in a row. This time used a Bolsano Super Inox blade on setting 6 again with Boots Freshwood soap. Very nice shave this morning. No soreness but was quite noisy as it ploughed through my dark ginger whiskers! The Wizamet seems to be very selective with which blades it likes, and seems to work better on a higher setting than the Fatboy or Slim.
All part of the fun.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/ Wilkinson (UK vintage)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Been quite a while since last using one of these vintage blades which I'm guessing are from the 1970s but can't be sure, Still nice and sharp and equal to many of the better blades out there. Not quite as sharp as the Iridium, but still very smooth and forgiving as well.

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday 09-01-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - CaniRichalll TGN Finest two bands 30X53 - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Shark Stainless #1 - Pre JASÖN - Geo F. Trumpers Coconut shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Afeitado01-09-11003-1.jpg

A second colored pic to see well the little car. :icon_mrgreen:

Afeitado01-09-11003.jpg

Tuesday (bit late, I know...)

GB Kent T4
Martin de Candre
Puma 6/8
Roger & Gallet L'Homme ASB
Chanel 'Les Exclusifs' Sycomore EdT

Man alive, woody bonanza! This is one of the lively vetiver fragrances there are. "Smoldering woods on the beach" is how someone once described this scent.

[attachment=3367]​

GB Kent T4
GFT Rose SS
Filarmonica 13 DT, black scales
GFT Coral Skin Food
Terre d' Hermes EdT

Perhaps the last 'summery' shave of the year?

[attachment=3368]​

Attachments

• DSCF0057.jpg
    DSCF0057.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0054.jpg
    DSCF0054.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 7
NF Super badger
MWF
Fatboy
Yellow 7 o'clock
Barbershop Bay Rum

Nice shave, my first with the Fatboy. Started on 5, switched to 7 half way through the first pass and left it there.

Tuesday

John Watts frameback
Kent BK4
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Boots Essentials AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Wednesday

6/8 Royal Warmar
Nanny's The Spicy One
Kent BK4
Simple For Men AS Balm
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Thursday

6/8 Army & Navy Toilet Club
Omega Cream
Kent BK4
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating PS Balm
Prof Blighty's Olde Mulberry AS

Friday:
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Semogue 830*
D R Harris Almond soap
D R Harris Pink aftershave
Histoires de Perfums 1725 Casanova**

*Missing the feeling of dead badger in the morning. Don't get me wrong, the 830 is hands down the very best boar brush I've used, but it's just not . . . I don't know, you know? Might have to buy another Duke (I think that'll be my fourth) or a Chubby (my second) and relegate the Semogue to the 'spares' drawer.

**Not a patch on 1740 (my new, most favouritest . . . ever) but still a very nice one. A little bit like Body Kouros / Ghost Man but not as sweet and sickly. Wouldn't buy a bottle but don't begrudge the 4EUR I spent on a tester, especially as it has about 5 'wearings' in it.

mstrunck said:
Now that's a nice looking coffee Mikael! I'm feeling the need for another cup, but the office coffee here is just plain sour :icon_sad:

Thank you, it was a tasty cup :D I stoped drinking office coffee years ago, it just bacame a bad habbit that didn't give me anything else but caffeine.

Friday

EJ DE89 L
Shark SS (1)
EJ Med Pure
Erasmic Supreme Soap Stick

Proraso ASB
Proraso AS

Three pass, face lather.

Very nice shave indeed!

joe mcclaine said:
*Missing the feeling of dead badger in the morning. Don't get me wrong, the 830 is hands down the very best boar brush I've used, but it's just not . . . I don't know, you know? Might have to buy another Duke (I think that'll be my fourth) or a Chubby (my second) and relegate the Semogue to the 'spares' drawer.

I'm toying with the idea of a Duke 2. Best or Pure? Anything I should know?
:huh:

Back
Top Bottom