Greetings

Wednesday 13th March 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Speick grated
Aftershave: La Toja Balm

Superb close shave. I find it very difficult to pick out my favourite razors but the three Micromatics are at the very top of my list with the OCMM in first place.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04006.JPG

Wednesday

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Soap: Floris JF
Razor: Gillette New with iKon Bulldog
Blade: 7 o'clock SharpEdge
A/S: Floris JF
Cologne: Floris JF

Another wonderful shave. I really like this brush, the bulb shape knot makes it much more manoeuvrable than the bulk of the fan shaped brushes I have. The backbone is also perfect for enabling collection of sufficient soap and face lathering.

IMG_0661_zps50014365.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 SE
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Coates Fitzwilliam in Pure
Cream: Ingram Quality Lather Shave
AS: Boots Freshwood
ASB: Boots Freshwood

Not bad but not as good as my regular Jagger. It would probably have been better if I used this razor more often but the Jagger is so fuss free and generally excellent that I usually default to it. Brush is not really that scritchy or uncomfortable for me at least but then I find Simpson's Best to be like a feathery soft cushion. I continue to enjoy the Freshwood but could probably get away with just the ASB at this time of year and the AS on its own in the Summer.

That Tubby 2 of yours looks lovely, LTB. Is that the taller 54mm lofted version? Your picture really shows off the alternative Ivory - is there variations in the colour within the handle? Is that a slight concave shelf around the knot? And lastly, is there a sort of double step where the middle ridge is? Answers on a postcard please to: TSR!

P.S. How do you find that Burma Shave boar, Dick?

Gairdner said:
That Tubby 2 of yours looks lovely, LTB. Is that the taller 54mm lofted version? Your picture really shows off the alternative Ivory - is there variations in the colour within the handle? Is that a slight concave shelf around the knot? And lastly, is there a sort of double step where the middle ridge is? Answers on a postcard please to: TSR!

Mine has a 50mm loft, I have just measured it. The alternative ivory does have slight colour variations in the same way as real ivory would, it's very nice. The shelf around the knot is perfectly flat. I don't think there is a double step in the middle, just a single one. It's a very nice brush indeed, probably my favourite brush now.

I am now as enabled as I possibly can be so just got to wait for April 19th now. THAT'S APRIL THE 19TH!!! (just in case) :angel:

It doesn't eat product does it i.e. not too dense....like me. :icon_rolleyes:

Wednesday 13th

sotd13313.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Nanny's Citrus zinger hard soap scuttle lathered
Simpsons POLO 10 best badger brush
Merkur Progress long handle set at 2.5
Super iridium (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Myrsol lemon aftershave

Comfortable and clean shave today. Last for the super iridium, new blade and different razor for tomorrows shave.

Brian

Wednesday 03-13-13. MUSIC: Ten Years After - Cricklewood Green (1970).

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoXhI_FYRNw[/video]

c53c3391-fafe-4b00-834a-6387dc570490.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Gillette Rocket Flare Tip - Astra green #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Woods of Windsor vintage - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, white
NF 1901 brush, Nanny's hard soap - cedarwood and vetyver
ATT Atlas R1, Rapira Swedish (1)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

Second go with the Atlas R1 just to check that yesterday's smoothie wasn't a fluke... and with a nice new blade and all. Will have to compose an email to Stan at ATT now... I won't be sending the R1 back after all. Haven't yet come to terms with the realisation that I may no longer be a mild guy... I'm actually a moderate guy!

The acid test... can I put on a shirt with a white collar straight after shaving? Answer... yes!

Wednesday afternoon.

Prep: Cold water face wash
Soap: TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush: Neep 28mm Extra Silvertip
Razor: Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Super Iridium (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Weleda After Shave Balm
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Prep Pre Shave
Razorock Moroccan Secret
Fat Handle Tech
Gillette Silver Blue
Omega Ovangkol Boar
Witch Hazel Gel.

Better shave with the razor and blade combo today,perhaps I need to just
Take the edge off a little bit first.

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Le Grelot 5/8", in UKRob rosewood scales
Brush: Neep #955 soapstone ball and bobbin silvertip
Soap: Trumper's Eucris
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger

These are my favourite scales. Lovely.

Merkur 37c slant
Rapira SS (1)
Semogue 1520 boar
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Alum, witch hazel
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic

Horrific shave. As evidenced by my very rare use of alum. A genuine cut on my jawline and a fair bit of soreness. I probably wasn't concentrating as much as I could have been but, frankly, it oughtn't matter! It was my first time with a Rapira Super Stainless, which was ill-advised given the circumstances. I think my time with the slant is almost up. Next modern razors to tick off: the R41 and the Progress.

Wore L'Artisan Parfumeur's L'Eau du Navigateur today. I find the topnotes rather jarring but the dry down has been lovely. I do have a gap in my fragrance wardrobe for a 'woody' scent, but I don't think it's this. Based off a few testings, Diptyque Tam Dao and Serge Lutens' Santal Majascule are the two frontrunners - but I'm very open to suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom