S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th March to Friday 15th March 2013

Prep Pre Shave
Aran Aromatics Bay Citrus
Men-U brush
Fat Handle Tech
Gillette Silver Blue
Witch Hazel Gel
M&S Woodspice AS.

Not bad but not my favourite blade.Back to Yellows tomorrow.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, white
Simpson's Colonel X2L, Cella
ATT Atlas R1, Ladas (3)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

Decided to give the Atlas R1 another try while waiting for the M1 baseplate to arrive. It is a touch on the aggressive side for me, but this time I really appreciated getting a close two pass shave with no touch-ups and scrawping around. Result... lovely close shave with no nicks or weepers and (unlike my first attempts) zero irritation. Not one to try out new blades in... but I'm tempted to keep it now.

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Cadman & Sons Bengal, 6/8", restored by UKRob
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 in best
Soap: D R Harris almond
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger

Nice.

Origin Best Gold Steel in Ebony restored by UKRob
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper
Nanny's Gentleman's shaving soap - French Lavender
Witch Hazel

Smooth :)

Tuesday

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Nannys Ice & a Slice
Brush: Kent BK2
Razor: Gillette New with iKon Bulldog
Blade: 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

A very pleasant and relaxing shave.

IMG_0659_zps5f7a99e5.jpg

Henk walnut silvertip
TOBS Sandalwood shave stick
Fatboy gold on 7, 4 with Astra Superior Platinum
Superdrug Forest Fresh a/s

Good shave. Got a better result with the stick by: applying more product to the face (much more than required of Tabac, for example); using a better brush; adding a little water to the brush at stages during lathering. Protection could be better and requires more work than Palmolive but the scent is strong and the result was good.

Gillette Old Type
Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Semogue SOC boar
La Toja-Palmolive mix
Proraso blue balm
GFT Sandalwood

This GFT Sandalwood Cologne reminds me of Chanel Egoiste. Not bad. Chucked the La Toja stick-Palmolive cream hybrid - something in that combination gives my skin a reaction. It's the last time I'll Frankenstein the dregs of soaps.

Not sure whether or not to sell my Old Type. It was my first vintage razor, after several months with a 34c, but I'm now getting better shaves from other razors. I do have the case for it, but it's pretty beat up and altogether not worth much. But I'm loathe to put it away and forget about it. Perhaps I'll put it up for a pass around.

Back to the slant tomorrow. Probably with a Personna blade.

TUESDAY EVENING

I think I'll use the forum template too!

Prep: Hot flannel
Soap: Woodhead suribachi filled with odd ends
Brush: Simpsons Hive
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Blade: Personna 74 (1)
Balm: Castle Forbes AS balm

Back to DE shaving for the moment. Thought I'd try this vintage blade supplied by his Dodginess in some monkey temptation exercise a while ago.

Delivered a very nice smooth shave.

Re: RE: S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th March to Friday 15th March 2013

Burgundy said:
Not sure whether or not to sell my Old Type. It was my first vintage razor, after several months with a 34c, but I'm now getting better shaves from other razors. I do have the case for it, but it's pretty beat up and altogether not worth much. But I'm loathe to put it away and forget about it. Perhaps I'll put it up for a pass around.
Passaround sounds good. I have three, one of which I've never used. There's a knack to the angle and pressure which takes some getting used to

Re: RE: S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th March to Friday 15th March 2013

NotTheStig said:
Passaround sounds good. I have three, one of which I've never used. There's a knack to the angle and pressure which takes some getting used to
A pass around sounds a great idea. I've never tried an Old type ;)

Prep L'Occitane Verbena Soap
Razor Vintage G' TOWA T' 7/8
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Brush Semogue OC LE 2012 Boar & Badger Mix
Mitchell's Woolfat
Alum & Witch Hazel
Una Brennan Neroli Moisturiser
Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Parfum

Jamie.

The shave was top draw, and the Semogue 2012 OC LE is quickly becoming my favourite go to brush, I love the knot and the way it handles soaps what a great brush.

FotoFlexer_Photoc-1_zps24440295.jpg

Wednesday:

La Toja stick
Semogue 2012 SE
Gem OCMM
Gem blade
Witch Hazel
Steve's Barbershop Bay Rum
Nivea Cool Kick ASB

Just a quick two pass job this morning as I was short of time (slept in). OCMM was the weapon of choice as it's nice and efficient. Decent result although I think that should be the last shave for this blade, it was a bit tuggy.

Back
Top Bottom