Closed COMPLETE - Injector pass around

Gentlemen fear not, I did survive! The blades arrived yesterday and I had meant to shave last night and post but never got round to it and was a bit pushed today.

I did however manage my first ever ejector shave this morning, once I'd managed to insert the blade [emoji23] I was quite surprised at the firmness required to get the key in.

I did my usual three passes, was very impressed initially with the effortless nature of the shave and the feel of the razor, a bit lighter than I'm used to which took a bit of getting used to. Quite nicely balanced though and the handle felt good in the hand. The first pass was delightful, 3 days growth disappeared in short order and I really enjoyed using the Pal. Second pass XTG was OK but started a weeper or two and the third pass ATG would have been better left undone as I ended up with a mild rash and still feel a wee bit beaten up [emoji23]

All that said though I think with a bit longer to shave and a bit of work on my technique I could really get to like it. Will report back in a day or so once my skin has regrown [emoji23] Any tips?

The usual suspects? Pressure and/or angle?
Some say an injector needs pressure, but I strongly disagree. I never use pressure and get some my best shaves from injectors. They may feel like a cartridge razor in the hand and tempt you to use pressure. Don't.
I find the angle used for an injector very intuitive, but then again I have used them a lot. You can get a harsh shave with the wrong angle though. Put the razor on the back of your hand or on your arm with the blade parallel to your skin. Tilt the handle until the blade starts to cut hair. That's about the angle you use. If you tilt the handle much more the shave can be harsh if memory serves me well. (Same procedure I use to check the angle for any razor I don't know yet).
Then again the blade may be buggered. Make sure the blade doesn't scrape past the blade stops at the front of the razor head when injecting. That's how you can ruin a blade with a Schick injector. I assume that's the same for PAL injectors. Billy?

Gentlemen fear not, I did survive! The blades arrived yesterday and I had meant to shave last night and post but never got round to it and was a bit pushed today.

I did however manage my first ever ejector shave this morning, once I'd managed to insert the blade [emoji23] I was quite surprised at the firmness required to get the key in.

I did my usual three passes, was very impressed initially with the effortless nature of the shave and the feel of the razor, a bit lighter than I'm used to which took a bit of getting used to. Quite nicely balanced though and the handle felt good in the hand. The first pass was delightful, 3 days growth disappeared in short order and I really enjoyed using the Pal. Second pass XTG was OK but started a weeper or two and the third pass ATG would have been better left undone as I ended up with a mild rash and still feel a wee bit beaten up [emoji23]

All that said though I think with a bit longer to shave and a bit of work on my technique I could really get to like it. Will report back in a day or so once my skin has regrown [emoji23] Any tips?
The PAL is a smooth shaver with that Chick blade in it...Its also a Sneakly Aggressive Injector...That is to say Aggressive towards the whiskers...Most Folks think that they know the meaning of a light touch...This injector requires a "Feather like Touch" ...It demands a lot of respect even though it feels smooth..Its easy to push it too far...Don't mess around with the Angle...Put it Flat Against the Face & Drop the Handle a tad until it cuts the whiskers ...Nothing more nothing less...That's it in a nutshell ...Folks can overcomplicate things with an injector...The PAL aint No Pussy Cat..:D

Billy

The usual suspects? Pressure and/or angle?
Some say an injector needs pressure, but I strongly disagree. I never use pressure and get some my best shaves from injectors. They may feel like a cartridge razor in the hand and tempt you to use pressure. Don't.
I find the angle used for an injector very intuitive, but then again I have used them a lot. You can get a harsh shave with the wrong angle though. Put the razor on the back of your hand or on your arm with the blade parallel to your skin. Tilt the handle until the blade starts to cut hair. That's about the angle you use. If you tilt the handle much more the shave can be harsh if memory serves me well. (Same procedure I use to check the angle for any razor I don't know yet).
Then again the blade may be buggered. Make sure the blade doesn't scrape past the blade stops at the front of the razor head when injecting. That's how you can ruin a blade with a Schick injector. I assume that's the same for PAL injectors. Billy?
I did explain that one about the blades stops & its a hard one to get across to folks that have never used one of these before...That includes myself at the start..The PAL Injectomatic can take more force to get the key in than a Schick & the heads are a lot tighter than a Schick as well..Its got to be done being mindful of that...This is an Aggressive injector though & I would expect folks to get some razor burn & perhaps some irritation & or weepers on their initial outings with it...Some milder injectors do require pressure but not this Bad Boy..;)

Most folks aint gonna get a anything like a perfect shave outa this to begin with that are not used to SEs & Injectors & that's fine.:D

Billy

I think I was using a bit of pressure, I'm used to the Standard and recently had the Hone which are both as forgiving as you like. This gave a similar shave to the MMOC and I should have treated it similarly I think [emoji106]
I made the same mistake with my first few injector shaves, too much pressure.. Use it like you would an aggressive DE, light touch.....

I think I was using a bit of pressure, I'm used to the Standard and recently had the Hone which are both as forgiving as you like. This gave a similar shave to the MMOC and I should have treated it similarly I think [emoji106]
The OCMM is a Pussy Cat compared to the PAL..Middle of the road..Just harder to use is all...You are correct though..It demands the same respect & Light Touch..o_O

Edit..Its easy to underestimate this Injector because its light and plastic..Just remember so is an M 16 Assault Rifle..:D:D:D:D:D

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom