Closed COMPLETE - Injector pass around

Good news and bad news:
Good news - the PAL injector has landed and it is much prettier than I expected. The shiny purple bit below the head looks strangely stunning and I like the shape of the handle. I've injected a Chinese Schick blade without problems and the razor is ready for tomorrow's shave.
Bad news - I think there won't be a shave tomorrow. I received my Merkur 45 bakelite razor today and had to have a shave with it. The shave was so fantastically close that my face is still BBS eight hours later and I just know there won't be anything worth shaving off tomorrow, so the PAL has to wait another day. :p Pity.

First shave with the PAL Injectomatic

Shower with Yardley Citrus Wood Hair and Body Wash
King of Shaves Sensitive Advanced Shave Oil as pre shave
Nanny's Silly Soap Citrus Zinger Olive Oil Recipe
Omega Hi-brush
PAL Injectomatic
Chinese Schick blade (1)
4711 Portugal ASL
Castle Forbes Lime ASB
4711 Portugal EdT

I did say yesterday that I wouldn't need a shave today and I was right. I could easily have gotten away without one. The Merkur 45 bakelite razor is formidable. If you don't have one, go and buy one while you still can. If you're worried they might break - buy two :p.
Today, curiosity got the better of me. I did want to try the PAL Injectomatic and I did. I still had a little bit of a NSS Citrus Zinger Olive Oil Recipe soap sample in a small plastic bowl and accidentally got it wet, so I decided to use that and built a citrus theme from there.
Enough chit chat - what about the PAL Injectomatic?
24216647425_07977312df_c.jpg

As I said yesterday, it is a pretty little thing. The shiny purple bit is very attractive. I had a look on Google and couldn't see any other colour options. Pity. Emerald green would have been stunning. In size it is comparable to the older E and G type Schick injectors. The handle is ivory coloured and nicely ribbed giving a good grip. Very, very attractive. But how does it shave?
Despite the lack of serious stubble I had to go for my usual pass around four pass routine. All pass around razors are treated equally and get a level playing field.
Billy keeps going on about how aggressive this razor is and that most people don't know what a light touch really is. Well, it seems I do know :p.
I shaved exactly the same way I shave with all of my injectors. I always use no pressure when I shave. Maybe (that's) why I need more passes than most, but my face thanks me for it. I found the Injectomatic very efficient and smooth. Four passes WTG/XTG/XTG/ATG went without any incidents and I got a BBS result. The alum block and aftershave had nothing much to complain about. The Injectomatic is a pussy cat after all. It's a razor I could easily see as part of my standard arsenal. I like it. A lot.
Tomorrow I'll try a Twin blade in it. Just kidding, Billy!!! I won't. Promised. :eek:
TBC...

Last edited:
Second shave with the PAL Injectomatic

King of Shaves Sensitive Advanced Shave Oil
PAL Injectomatic
Chinese Schick blade (2)
Cella Colonia Classica EdC
Castle Forbes Lime ASB

I have decided that one procedure each pass around or new razor should go through is a shaving oil only shave. I can now shave with shaving oil without freaking out that I'm shaving my face without lather. I really can't see how the Injectomatic got it's reputation as a dangerous razor. The only thing that distinguished it from a pussy cat was the fact that it was nut purring. Not once did I have the impression it was trying to bite me. The shaving oil let it gently glide across my face and I could see immediately the change in colour as the stubble was removed. I haven't done an oil only shave with the Bunny V3 yet and I can't wait for that experience. After four passes WTG/XTG/XTG/ATG my face is as smooth as it gets. The alum block had minor complaints and the Cella Colonia Classica gave a good sharp string. It always does, because it contains more alcohol than a regular ASL. I don't mind that. My face is so smooth that a dolphin would be envious. The shaving oil left my skin smooth, soft and supple. This was one top notch shave. Maybe one more shave with the PAL and I'll be ready to let go. Great razor!
TBC...

Third (and last) shave with the PAL Injectomatic

PAL Injectomatic
Chinese Schick blade (3)
Indian Old Spice Fresh Lime ASL

Yesterday's shave felt close and smooth alright. It didn't last as long as the shaves I get with the best of them, for example the Bunny V3. That's not an issue, merely an observation. With the Bunny I have problems finding enough stubble to justify a shave the next day. No such problems with the PAL.
I did another shaving oil only shave today and have nothing to add to yesterday's observations. I find the PAL easy to handle. It gives a very close, pleasant shave and for a razor with a plastic handle it's surprisingly handsome. This is a razor I'd be more than happy to own, especially in this condition. As I've said before I wish it was available with a shiny emerald green highlight on the handle. It would look even more handsome.
I'm pretty much done with the razor now. It has received a clean, dull blade, has been cleaned, barbicided and boxed up. I think I'm the last person on the list, so the PAL will go back to Lee @rowlers tomorrow unless I hear otherwise.
Thanks, Lee for making this pass around happen. I truly enjoyed this little gem.

Third (and last) shave with the PAL Injectomatic

PAL Injectomatic
Chinese Schick blade (3)
Indian Old Spice Fresh Lime ASL

Yesterday's shave felt close and smooth alright. It didn't last as long as the shaves I get with the best of them, for example the Bunny V3. That's not an issue, merely an observation. With the Bunny I have problems finding enough stubble to justify a shave the next day. No such problems with the PAL.
I did another shaving oil only shave today and have nothing to add to yesterday's observations. I find the PAL easy to handle. It gives a very close, pleasant shave and for a razor with a plastic handle it's surprisingly handsome. This is a razor I'd be more than happy to own, especially in this condition. As I've said before I wish it was available with a shiny emerald green highlight on the handle. It would look even more handsome.
I'm pretty much done with the razor now. It has received a clean, dull blade, has been cleaned, barbicided and boxed up. I think I'm the last person on the list, so the PAL will go back to Lee @rowlers tomorrow unless I hear otherwise.
Thanks, Lee for making this pass around happen. I truly enjoyed this little gem.
I have seen them with a Red Neck, Blue & Green as well as the Purple..There was even one with a Translucent See Through Handle that is Gorgeous but these are Rare..See 2nd page on this Thread..:p
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...3W_BYeaDopUz7NiWw&sig2=rVE0LChxZjH4S47V8Anh7g

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom