Closed COMPLETE - Injector pass around

Loaded a Schick blade into the PAL and gave it a whirl.
The result is a sore neck and a not very good shave; a far cry from the shave I was perhaps naively expecting. Also missed hair in a few places. Entirely down to technique I'm sure. Though I'm not a complete injector virgin my only previous experience is maybe a dozen shaves with my Personna injector loaded with a Personna blade, which I have found to be a very good combo, a joy to use and milder than first impressions of the PAL, but efficient.
I'll give my face a few days to recover and try again.

Sounds to me as if you may have a run a blade across the stops ..Maybe..Maybe Not..Either that you are shaving with it way wrong..That thing is Aggressive & should Blow most of your Whiskers Off on the First Pass..That Personna you are Using is a Crazy Mild Injector..Its not the PAL its something you aint got right..:p

Billy

You need to use a Feather Like Touch with the PAL..That Personna you have will let you away with Murder because its such a Pussy Cat..Flat aginst the face & drop the handle until it cuts..Thats it..Don't Farfe around with the Angle..You will not get away with a Heavy Hand with this Razor..Most Folks think they Know what a Light Touch is but most Truly Don't..;)

Billy

Well, I tried again... Taking extra, extra care and time to get the angle right and pressure light.
Same result I'm afraid.
It might be me getting it all wrong.
I don't like to blame tools (especially when they are not mine), but maybe I had a dodgy blade. Or more likely I hit the stop when inserting. [emoji1361]
We live and learn!

Well, I tried again... Taking extra, extra care and time to get the angle right and pressure light.
Same result I'm afraid.
It might be me getting it all wrong.
I don't like to blame tools (especially when they are not mine), but maybe I had a dodgy blade. Or more likely I hit the stop when inserting. [emoji1361]
We live and learn!
Conclusion... Dodgy/ruined blade.
Tried the razor on my arm hair and it barely cut any! I didn't want to take the liberty of using another of the supplied Schick blades, so I loaded (carefully) a NOS Personna Platinum which arrived the other day. Now I have no arm hair left!
Tomorrow or Sunday I will try the PAL with this blade.

Conclusion... Dodgy/ruined blade.
Tried the razor on my arm hair and it barely cut any! I didn't want to take the liberty of using another of the supplied Schick blades, so I loaded (carefully) a NOS Personna Platinum which arrived the other day. Now I have no arm hair left!
Tomorrow or Sunday I will try the PAL with this blade.
I thought as much..If a PAL Injector aint Cutting always look to the blade..The Chick does perform the Best in this particular Injector though & I have used them All in It..Good to hear how you get on with it Now..:D

Billy

I thought as much..If a PAL Injector aint Cutting always look to the blade..The Chick does perform the Best in this particular Injector though & I have used them All in It..Good to hear how you get on with it Now..:D

Billy
Much better effort today...
The NOS Personna Platinum sliced those hairs off with ease leaving me with a nice finish. 2 passes. DFS. No irritation.
Still yet to try a Schick blade (properly) thanks to my carelessness so can't draw any comparisons. But this NOS Platinum is much better than the new Personnas!

Much better effort today...
The NOS Personna Platinum sliced those hairs off with ease leaving me with a nice finish. 2 passes. DFS. No irritation.
Still yet to try a Schick blade (properly) thanks to my carelessness so can't draw any comparisons. But this NOS Platinum is much better than the new Personnas!
Yeah..Those NOS Plats are Up there for Sure..No Bones About it..:D

Billy

Yes, I've shaved with it a few more times; all good, and it will be winging its way to @riverrun this week.
I was ready to ship it off last week but Andreas had a few other pass arounds on the go so we decided to delay it till this week.
Thanks again for this pass around, appreciated.
I'll let you know when it's in the post.

Yes, I've shaved with it a few more times; all good, and it will be winging its way to @riverrun this week.
I was ready to ship it off last week but Andreas had a few other pass arounds on the go so we decided to delay it till this week.
Thanks again for this pass around, appreciated.
I'll let you know when it's in the post.
Yes - pass around overload here. I received the Bunny injector today, but I'll be quite happy to compare it with the PAL. Bad timing last week turns into good timing this week. :D:D

Back
Top Bottom