14 jan onWards .. Temporary closure of Transmissions...

Re: 14 jan onWards ...having a nice Schick....

Nice find. I'll let you know about compatibility. You are responsible for a whole new source of me spending, you know? 3,200 DE blades and you get me into injectors so I have to buy... yes, more blades! This is how Gillette got big!

RE: 14 jan onWards ...having a nice Schick....

Dear dalliance.

So as i suspected there are those on this forum who would actively encourage others in collecting and using DE razors and blades. Plus other stuff.
Despicable.
You know who you are.
Seeping into our sub conscious.
Or unconscious mostly in my case.
Sneaking in and planting tiny germs of ideas.
This blade. That razor. This soap. That brush.
This will fit you. Oh sir. Yes sir. Suits you sir.
That will be a bargain $250 sir.
You can't live without it sir.
I of course, am
Impervious to these wily coyotes.
Ahem ahem.
On to the Schick which I cannot be without.
Dialled in 4.
Trumpers almond. Must save the last of this for Christmas day.
Two band.
Quite a bit of difference.
Close and clean. Still not quite under the neck.
And I have a tingle (facial) as a result.
In fact it really is a close shave mostly.
But slightly unrewarding. Plastic handle. Lightweight.
Feels like a modern razor.
Less skilful. Press and go.
I am
Going in for a 5 tomorrow with a daintier approach.
Missed a big fellow on the bay yesterday.
Not that I really wanted it.....
Ha!
Yrs
Blake

Re: 14 jan onWards ...Slick Schick kicks quick....

So on balance are you enjoying the Schick? Plastic handle yes but well built. My English Pal feels very light and cheap in comparison

RE: 14 jan onWards ...Slick Schick kicks quick....

NotTheStig said:
So on balance are you enjoying the Schick? Plastic handle yes but well built. My English Pal feels very light and cheap in comparison

Dear NTS
Oh yes!! Great fun. You are right it's quite substantial.
If I owned one I'd put it in the rotation.
It just feels a bit like a cartridge razor....

Re: 14 jan onWards ...Slick Schick kicks quick....

Thought that too. More instinctive to use because of that? Well I started with a Sensor Excel and tried similar. Tried not to feel like you are letting the side down!

NotTheStig said:
Thought that too. More instinctive to use because of that? Well I started with a Sensor Excel and tried similar. Tried not to feel like you are letting the side down!

Well. It didn't feel instinctive.
I think I cannot get a close shave on my neck and chin area because of the parallel action of the handle to the face. That angle is almost impossible to replicate under the neck.

Like a DE I think it would be very unforgiving without a lather for each pass.
Sometimes with mach3 I'd use the tiniest bit of oil and thrash away in the shower.
After I would have a shave...
ha
ha!
Yrs
Timbo

Slick said:
NotTheStig said:

Well. It didn't feel instinctive.
I think I cannot get a close shave on my neck and chin area because of the parallel action of the handle to the face. That angle is almost impossible to replicate under the neck.
Timbo

Awwww, I bet the Maltkiln Mongoose is asleep and dreaming about tranfixing various small creatures with his hypnotic stare

So Slimbo, trust me when I say you'll be able to do a great job on your neck with that injector. I think after 7 shaves you will have figured out any tweaks (and rebraining) needed to conquer those crop circles that flourish just above your throat. Maybe signs of alien (or maybe avian) activity?

For the longest time I could never get the same excellent results on those quirky neck areas with a DE razor...the injector was always best for getting the tough to deal with weird pattern growth areas. Still is actually, for ease of use and still being very effective. I should also mention that I went to an injector from a Sensor like NTS did. Made it really easy, since the Sensor is somewhat similar, as opposed to an M3 or whatever.

So maybe a few more days with that same blade and by then your reference point should be kinda informed and technique should be ok. From there it'll be loading up the Gillette blade, and you should see a difference. Not saying which one's gonna fit you better, but they'll be different. It's a good way to learn something new....what you're doing here I mean.

Klemel

Ohhhhh, don't you have a new monkey coming for a trial adoption visit soon? Yeah, Mr Corrado should be there soon (I'm sure Mrs Mongoose will be delighted as usual).

Dear Mr Lemel
Tks for the support and advice. The Areas I did well. I did really well.
I shall slow things down a bit this morning and see what happens on five.
I just wondering how long the blades last.
That's the one thing I found odd about mach3. The blades would last me a long time.
MYbe a couple of weeks.
Yes I'm looking forward to shVing today.
Injectors Away!!!!!!!!
Yrs
Tim.
Oh And if you'd like to check the paypal Account there is Another couple ofgrand to play with.
Looking forwards to slant monkey arrival.
Kl Jnr.

Dear dumpster

Phaser set to 5.
Heavy stun.
Arko. I got a fabulous lather from this.
Unction.
Two band. NF Fido brush.

Ok better!!!
Did a little bit of a third pass under the neck.
Good finish.
Not as close a merkur on two passes.
I need a bit more practice on the pressure thing.
It does feel odd pressing so.
Five is the limit I think.
I can feel my face tingling but not overly so.
And any patchy areas are coming from inconsistent technique not the razor.
I can get the right angle on my neckline. I just need more goes.
Hey I'm talking about shaving not other crap.
Cheers
Tom lake

RE: 14 jan onWards ...five's alive!!!

Dear Diary

Hey this is good fun!!
Shaving.
Who'dathortit?
The simple act of using a very sharp, sometimes magical blade to ease stubble of my manly ahem ahem face; would be so much innocent fun.
In an age where innocence may be harder to find I found it where I least expected it.
But aint that the case. Sometimes the harder you look the less you see.
People are very good at going in search of a time and place to find a spot of pleasure or happiness. Like going on holiday. Going away to have fun. It's mandatory. This way I have fun, right here, right now, (fatboy Slim!!! GET IT!!!)
I genuinely get up each day feeling as if I've won sort of prize.
Each shave as fresh as the last. Each one a little part of the day that I keep for me. And of course the cats.
Not only do I enjoy it, write about it, search for it, I then find out there are a whole bunch of crazy geeks also doing the same !
But they go even further. Making soaps, creams, brushes, razors and such. Showing their acquisitions.
Quite wonderfully fab. What a cool journey.
Plus I have picked up razor buddies!!! And coffee buddies. And an Attorny for my paypal account.
On the 7th Jan my wet shaving is one year old.
My bathroom is transformed.
And in some small way me too.
By finding fun where I least expected it.

Schick 5.
Surrey Soap pre OBE formula
badger two band.
Unction to finish.

OK Schick I after you this morning.
Take it slower. Even but hard pressure, after all there is some weight in the head.
Plenty rinsey bladey hotty watery.

ooooooo now that's better. No sign of faint burn or anything.
Just a nice clean handsome young ahem ahem face.

Cheers
Blakegooseslicktim

RE: 14 jan onWards ...Innocent Pleasures....

Dear Desserewy

Schick
Badger two band
Palmolive sensitive cream
Unction

All good a very close shave three passes and one nick
A schick nick
Less pressure has resulted in a better shave I think.
All good. just a bit bloody....
First time I have ever nicked myself!
Ive had weepers but no nicks.
Ha!!
Bye
Blakenickgoose

On my chinny chin chin.
Forgot to say.
TBS

OOOO Have long handled Merkur Progress in post!!
I will report in.

RE: 14 jan onWards ...A schick NIck!!...

Dear Dumpy

no shave Sat

Sun
Timmy Two Razors
Two band.
Palmolive cream. I love this soap. very good lather, pleasant soapy smell. Cheap. So VFM there then.

Ist pass Superpeed plus Saloon blade.
2nd pass merkur 1904 Closed head plus Gillette yellow.
Finish with Lush Dirty to moisturise my fair face.
I quite like this cream. It goes in well, smells clean and is non greasy but protects.

Goodbye
Slick.

14 jan onWards ...Timmy Two Razors..

The more I read your notes the more I'm interested in your technique of switching razors 'mid-stream', as it were. Do you plan to do this or is it done on a whim?

RE: 14 jan onWards ...Timmy Two Razors..

Hi Johnus,

whim really.

I have four razors on the go at the moment and I didn't shave yesterday. I want to get on to using gillette blades in the injector and then a play with the progress. So I was using up what I had to hand. Plus I thought that I should like a mild ish first pass then a closer second!! Without using an adjustable!!
Thats science......
Ahem ahem.

Back
Top Bottom