14 jan onWards .. Temporary closure of Transmissions...

RE: 14 jan onWards ...Let's go Italian...

Dear darling wife

It was a joke!! Ok not a joke in your best interest I see that.
But that last photo should never have been taken of that hen night anyway.

1934 gold and shiny aristocrat.
Yellow
Lush honey soap. Made for the body. Lathered up well for the face and had a sweet ish honey ish aroma which was not over powering. All good.
A tip top finish. This is one luverley piece of kit.
Yrs
TBS

RE: 14 jan onWards ...Off Air for a while.

Dear Deep and Reflective

This space for quiet contemplation.....
9afb0746.jpg
[/img]

Yrs
Slick.

RE: 14 jan onWards ...Off Air for a while.

Tranquility_by_Burning_Liquid.jpg

1934 Aristocrat with Magical blade by Gillette.
Arko soap from the twin moons of Galbator and a brush sourced from the great woods of The Southlands...all made moist by the crazy professors finishing touch.

This is what happens when you STOP drinking....

Yrs Slick

RE: 14 jan onWards ...Wierd

e5d9539f.jpg

By the moon of Alara and he twin suns of kandor I used their fading light and the shiny Progress of Merkur combined with smoothness of Saloon to cut into a new day.
The magical Crabtree eased their path while the Vase o' Line secured moisture from daylight.
Yrs
Slick

RE: 14 jan onWards ...Space shaving...

scifi.jpg

The space port on Kandor was a busy place. Actually busy doesn't describe the last fuel stop this side of Minos IV. Chaos would be a better description. Organised chaos but chaos none the less. The last place for 47 terrajumps to get your ship gassed, your brain mashed and your body laid.
I had only one priority before deeper space and 8 months of isolation loomed....a decent shave.
The main concourse hummed with the thousand tongues of of a thousand races, each in their own way taking a deep breath of anticipation at what was to come or a deep sigh of relief at a welcome return. Hookers lolled by the main lobby doors while down the huge picture window side, overlooking the dry plains of Kandor, market traders sold anything from sweets to sour mash.
There was one stall that stood out. Trinkets from bygone ages gleamed and glistened, tempting the eye...

1934 Gold Aristocrat
Gillette yellow
2213 chunky
TOBS lemon and lime
Lush Prince cream to finish

Heck of great sci fi shave!!!
Slick

RE: 14 jan onWards ...Space shaving Sci Fi Style...

The stall full of old shaving crap was run by a guy I'd come across before, a really Dodgy trader. I'd have to wheedle hard to get what I wanted. No what I needed. I reached out to touch the object of my desire.
A scuffle behind me. Shots being fired.
I turned to see a Sentry Biot coming in my direction.
6b8e0359.jpg

Damn had they searched my ship?
If they had....
No choice. Un holstering my disruptor I had only only one chance.
And that sentry Biot was between me and my ship...

Progress.
I now get this razor.
All good.

RE: 14 jan onWards ...How would get past a Sentry Biot ?

"Hey Pilot could you use a hand?"

Where is a dolphiniod when you need one?
"Peco!" I shouted "take out the Biot while I take this!"

With a flash from Peco's skirmish Cannon MkIX (the one with the extra button you can set to K.I.L.L>) the Biot redeployed itself into a hundred thousand tiny pieces of white hot metal.
images

I reached out to Dodgy's stall and grabbed a #16 with a case. Nice..
"Peco with me! Your going to need a lift.." I threw a big gold coin at the stall holder..
"That will cover the gear and more.....I'll catch you later". He smiled in a knowing way that only registered confusion in my mind as me and dolphin raced to the safety.
"Hang on Peco, this is going to be tight." Already I could see the dock's doors slowly closing to block our escape.
Someone, somewhere knew what I was carrying....

RE: 14 jan onWards ...Rescued..by a Dolphin?..

OK stuff the sci fi!!

I've just used my lovely cased #16 for the first time.
I inserted (I simply love that word) a Super iridium (Ta marty)
Used rose QED glycerine soap

Now marty loaned me one of these and it was SUPERB. It had a magical Gillette blade too if I remember rightly.

Well sell my balls to a Vesuvian three breasted whore....(slightly sci fi)

This one equally as good. This is going straight to the top of the tree. It's efficient, beautiful to look at, a joy to hold, 63 years old, well balanced and horny.

Now that's a razor.
I'd keep three.
Fatbloke
1934 Aristocrat.

It is deffo the best TTO I've used to date.
I wonder what the nice shiny cased USA Aristocrat from 1948 will be like I just got will be like....
Onwards my brave hawkmen!!!

RE: 14 jan onWards ...Rescued..by a Dolphin?..

Slick said:
I've just used my lovely cased #16 for the first time.
I inserted (I simply love that word) a Super iridium (Ta marty)
Now marty loaned me one of these and it was SUPERB. It had a magical Gillette blade too if I remember rightly.

This one equally as good. This is going straight to the top of the tree. It's efficient, beautiful to look at, a joy to hold, 63 years old, well balanced and horny.

Now that's a razor.
I'd keep three.
Fatbloke
It is deffo the best TTO I've used to date.

Yes tommy, the #16 has one hell of a pull to it. You've used more UK Aristo types than me, and mentioned the #16 had a different feel to it than the others. It's certainly on my short list of favorite change of pace razors. I'm glad you got one that shaves well....never know till you try it.

Congrats on the nice addition to your Junior Cadet Space Ranger lunch box/razor holder,

buddy marty

RE: 14 jan onWards ...TTO Nirvana.....

Hey nice avatar.
Heck what do you do with that hand puppet, wash frequently I guess...

Super iridium (sounds like a space alloy non?)
ARKO (4th Terran planet in the Altura Solar System)
Prof B's Unction.

image.php

Pausing for a world class shave made getting past the welcoming committee outside the space dock made my life even harder....

RE: 14 jan onWards ...TTO Nirvana.....

Engaging hyper drive in the space dock was risky...but
"Hit it now" squeaked Peco in his Flipperesque way..
Bosh! Finger on the big red button and soon all became a streak of beautiful Faster Than Light (FTL) star trails.
84573main_warpsped.jpg

A shake and a rattle (a roll too would have a Jerry Lee Lewis song) and I could feel something was wrong.
Peco whistled up,
"It's a leak from the starboard fuel cell. Its gonna need a repair. Drop out of FTL and I will take a look." (cool Dolphin eh?)
Peco unbuckled and grabbed a tool kit. It looked like a 10lb club hammer from where I was sat but I couldn't be sure...

last two shaves #16
Super Iridium (mined on betablox III)
Unction
Proraso white tub and Parker sandalwood.

I will never tire of this razor.

Yrs
Slick

RE: 14 jan onWards .. Hyper-drive help needed...

"don't worry" said Peco, "I've done this before"
With a huge flash and a bang it all went dark. The auxiliary systems kicked in and the cabin glowed with a pale green light. Glancing at the panel I could see we had heat, light and air. But not much else. We were drifting. The authorities were safely at bay. There's no way they could follow a hyper jump, especially with a random drop out.
"Peco what the heck's going on? "
"Err, is this part essential?" he said holding up a smouldering, charred lump of wires and metal.
"ah you mean the FTL ion conduit? The actual bit that makes it work? Yes it's ImportAnt!!!!!"
"Oh"
The speaker in my helmet burst into life and a voice riddled with "I will kill you if I get the chance..." barked...
Sergeant_Ravan.jpg

"stand fast there pilot! This is 4th grade seargeant at arms Smith. You are to be boarded and taken into custody for the unlawful damage on kandor. Plus I think you may be carrying something of interest to the authorities..."
Crap.

Dovo slant
Vintage Gillette blade
Arko
NF two band
Unction
Sure deodorant on nick and weeper!!
Yrs
Slack.

RE: 14 jan onWards .. Hyper-drive help needed...

The last two days have seen me using a supermax blade in my #16 which has been better than expected.
I used EJ sea buckthorn and then Erasmuc cream in a tube.
This blade has given me irritation free shaves but not the closest of finishes.
That said I think they are good value for money.
I put something in the blades section about them.
Busy now.
Prepping for interviews so mind elsewhere...
Kandor perhaps....

Back
Top Bottom