SOTD Saturday 12th November to Friday 18th November 2016

Razor: Gillette Goodwill 1930's Ball End Open Comb
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Brush: Los Tres Amigos Dos Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic LE Jade
Soap: Route 66 The Black Pearl
Aftershave: Folsom & Co. Shambala

Excellent close comfortable three passes with a minimal clean up around a couple of trouble spots.
View attachment 22024
View attachment 22025

Sorry, had trouble making up my mind. :)

At first I was sure I was voting for the top one. Then I changed my mind. Then I stared at the darn things for a few minutes and decided I couldn't make up my mind either. [emoji1]

Thursday, November 17

7a4bed9088513ca929b16735c720cfa8.jpeg

- Mongoose B3 w/Dubb Handle
- Duke 3
- Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe
- Stirling Gentleman

Happy Friday, everyone!

Excellent close comfortable three passes with a minimal clean up around a couple of trouble spots.
View attachment 22024
View attachment 22025

Nice photography.

View attachment 22024
View attachment 22025

Nice goodwill razor - it's made in ... Canada ??

Third Mumbai shave. Think I have one, maybe two more in me before leaving in the wee hours of Monday morning Mumbai time. My favourite photo though so far the lake and skyscape make a great backdrop.

Second shave with the Fatboy and this one was more successful. This razor was on my potential buy list but I think it'll be coming off that list now.

Used the Old Spice fresh lime and to be honest didn't notice a huge difference to the original and again it stung like almighty! Not sure about this stuff to be honest...

P&B tonic once again doing a great job.

img_20161117_171450-01-jpeg.4128

Third Mumbai shave. Think I have one, maybe two more in me before leaving in the wee hours of Monday morning Mumbai time. My favourite photo though so far the lake and skyscape make a great backdrop.

Second shave with the Fatboy and this one was more successful. This razor was on my potential buy list but I think it'll be coming off that list now.

Used the Old Spice fresh lime and to be honest didn't notice a huge difference to the original and again it stung like almighty! Not sure about this stuff to be honest...

P&B tonic once again doing a great job.

img_20161117_171450-01-jpeg.4128
Try the street shave before you go.You might not get the chance again.

Friday 18 November...

Soap - Wickham's 1912 Cashmere
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 22mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 'Streamline' SE
Blade - Gem Personna SE #1
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal & Aloe Vera witch hazel, Argan oil
Smell - Penhaligon's Lothair

First outing for my newly acquired latest ER (November 2016 Acquisitions, q.v.).

This is a heavy razor. It outweighs my Merkur 34C HD (79g sans blade) by 5 - 6g. With that in mind, I prepped, set the angle and subscribed to the adage of 'shave the lather, forget the whiskers'. ER and Gem worked really well together; resulting in a wonderfully close, smooth shave. 3 passes. Done.

I can understand why some SE afficionados argue that this represents the pinnacle of vintage SE shavers. It's beautifully built, finished and balanced to let the razor itself do the work. It has that sloping head not dissimilar to the Gem Damaskeene.

This ER deserves quality accompaniments; hence the RazoRock, 1912 Cashmere and Lothair. It also demands care and attention.

My sincerest thanks again @mpf9ret for selling me this treasure. It's found a good home!
20161117_193200.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom