SOTD Saturday 12th November to Friday 18th November 2016

Well it's a couple of minutes past midnight and I was about to post my SOTD but realised it is no longer Friday, so a new thread it was!

I had some irritation on my neck from shaving with the OneBlade followed by the Ikon B1 Slant so have given it a few days before shaving, that and I've been very busy!

With that in mind I went to @Acer89 tried and trusted ATT S2 which even though I've only used a few times, I knew would get the job done with no fuss and that was the correct assumption to make.

Loaded up with a fresh Astra SP and lathered up with 1912 Citrus Musk with the Black Beauty ATG Shavemac Unique Bulb. Two passes and 5/6 days growth was gone and I was left smooth all over with no irritation. Happy days. Wishing you all a good weekend, I'm off to Mumbai tomorrow evening so my next SOTD is very likely to be in warmer weather!

- ATT S2 with Atlas
- Astra SP (1)
- Black Beauty ATG Shavemac Unique Bulb
- 1912 Citrus Musk
- Thayers Aloe WH
- Speick AB
- Speick AS

img_20161111_184259-01-jpeg.3710

Well it's a couple of minutes past midnight and I was about to post my SOTD but realised it is no longer Friday, so a new thread it was!

I had some irritation on my neck from shaving with the OneBlade followed by the Ikon B1 Slant so have given it a few days before shaving, that and I've been very busy!

With that in mind I went to @Acer89 tried and trusted ATT S2 which even though I've only used a few times, I knew would get the job done with no fuss and that was the correct assumption to make.

Loaded up with a fresh Astra SP and lathered up with 1912 Citrus Musk with the Black Beauty ATG Shavemac Unique Bulb. Two passes and 5/6 days growth was gone and I was left smooth all over with no irritation. Happy days. Wishing you all a good weekend, I'm off to Mumbai tomorrow evening so my next SOTD is very likely to be in warmer weather!

- ATT S2 with Atlas
- Astra SP (1)
- 1912 Citrus Musk
- Thayers Aloe WH
- Speick AB
- Speick AS

Enjoy your trip and don't forget to get yourself a shave on the street!! :)

- ATT S2 with Atlas
- Astra SP (1)
- 1912 Citrus Musk
- Thayers Aloe WH
- Speick AB
- Speick AS

ENJOY MUMBAI !

SOTD: 12th November 2016.
asat.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Pre: warm shower:/Radox fennel & sea minerals Shower Gel & Shampoo. / warm wet flannel to my face.

Bloom water face wash.

Razor: Parker 99R.

Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel.(new)

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Soap:Tabac + 4 drops of Glycerine in the soap bowl .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

A new shave set up to start the weekend..I haven't used the Rapira S.S. for a while..to be honest i forgot i had them, having a large amount of russian blades, matched up with my Parker 99R & Tabac, today's shave was a excellent one, with no errors to report,yet again..finishing the shave off with a generous helping of the wonderful Tabac Aftershave.I'm ready for the weekend, enjoy your day, gentlemen.;)

Last edited:
Sat 12th Nov
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Wiliams A.V Ice Blue Cream
ES Claymore S/S SE
Feather Pro Guard [ 4 ]
Williams A.V Ice Blue A/S Lotion

Have had 4 consecutive shaves with The Claymore,all with excellent results. Am surprised that others trying
some of the new SEs , do find consecutive days shaving a problem. Perhaps this is down to blade choice,the Pro Guard which a Claymore user recommended is working well for me. I have suffered no nicks and no post shave irritation.
Am missing rotating razors, but will continue getting used to this one until a blade change is due. So far am really
enjoying the Claymore, and it is a welcome addition to my shaving den.

IMG_0621.jpg

Saturday 12th
OSP - Sicilian Lemon Grove Cream
Cadman Custom Synthetic
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM SS/C #4
Alum > Rinse
Duru Lemon Cologne/
Alcolado Glacial blend
Lacura Aq Cream Moisuriser
Hugo Boss - Hugo
IMG_20161110_213836855_HDRe.jpg

2nd OSP cream of my recent acquisition. The Sicilian Lemon is like sharp lemon zest accompanied by an aromatic undertone. Wonderful.
Pure admiration for the Streamline, the shave was extremely agreeable.

Shave well all !!

Maca root,
Omega pura setola,
Frederick Reynolds 6/8 near wedge,
Thayers unscented witch hazel,
L' adventure sample,

I received the FR on Thursday,I gave it a light hone to bring it up to shave ready, it may or may have not needed it, I seem to like razors with a bit of heft, and this one didn't disappoint, only need my face to stop looking like a baboons arse, after using the maca root, apart from that it's such a great soap.

Maca root,
Omega pura setola,
Frederick Reynolds 6/8 near wedge,
Thayers unscented witch hazel,
L' adventure sample,

I received the FR on Thursday,I gave it a light hone to bring it up to shave ready, it may or may have not needed it, I seem to like razors with a bit of heft, and this one didn't disappoint, only need my face to stop looking like a baboons arse, after using the maca root, apart from that it's such a great soap.
It's that" Maca Root Curse":mad::eek:..I'm one of the lucky ones, it agrees with my skin type.Regards.:)

SOTD 20161112

houRf7j.jpg

Brush: APShaveCo synthetic "Tuxedo" / bamboo handle.
Shaving soap: Dusy Kabinett.
Razor: Fatip Retro.
Blade: Asco Super Stainless (orange wrapper) (2).
After shave: Haslinger Sandelholz balm.

Used my new brush (aka "Nieuw kwastje (23)") to whip up my lather.
Made a nice lather (fragrance of roses) with this wonderful brush.
The Fatip/Asco combo worked great.
Finished it off with the Haslinger balm.

DFS++ result.

Have a nice day, gentlemen ! ;)

Brush - Semogue 1520
Soap - Tabac Original
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready pat. 1912 'Bathroom Set'
Blade - Gem Personna #2
Post - Thayer's, Tabac Original a/s

First outing for the 'Bathroom Set'. As expected with the 1912 patented heads, I got a lovely audible 'toasty' feedback and it resulted in a tremendously close and smooth 3-pass finish.

I like the hollow aluminium handle: very grippy and, despite its lightness, the overall balance of the razor is really good. Tabac? Well, what can I say...:)

Have a great day/night/evening, Everyone.
20161112_114252.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom