S.O.T.D. Saturday 8th October - Friday 14th October 2016

2e1hqc0.jpg
OK Darkbulb...I like the pic, but what was the shave? And what's the lion's head handle on that pot? Come on, man...spill the beans on the pot and the soap, and everything else!o_O

30306525335_2a4419e226_z.jpg

Today's SOTD: Dusy Kabinett, MÜHLE Synth, MÜHLE R41, Voskhod & Tüff Rasierwasser to finish.

Received my R41 from Shavestation today (thanks Stuart) so thought i'd give it a bash. The MÜHLE synth made a beautiful super slick lather from the rose scented Kabinett, having read what a beast the R41 is I decided to load up a blade I know to be forgiving (Voskhod.) I tentatively began my first pass and... Its a kitten! Yes you can feel the blade on your face but as a SR user that actually gave me more confidence to throw it around, the result was BBS in 2 passes with no cuts, weepers or irritation - Just what the doctor ordered. Finished off with some Tüff "Herb" AS splash, scent is definitely old school and it gives a nice refreshing post shave feel with no dryness, highly recommended for the price.
Nice heads up on the Tuff AS ...not one I've heard of but I'm definitely going to try some!

Pot of the day...this one I keep my Cella in...

The shave: Glyce pre-shave wash + Proraso Red pre-shave cream / Cella applied with 'The Duke' / removed with EJ89/Braveheart/Nacet / Pinaud Clubman Vanilla AS + Nivea balm

Cella is a supremely affordable high quality croap...It has few competitors at the price (or even higher prices) and smells fantastic...I will always keep some in stock;). Clubman Vanilla goes great with Cella.
Happy shaves y'all!:):):)

View attachment 21280
Lovely combination there greybeard.

OK Darkbulb...I like the pic, but what was the shave? And what's the lion's head handle on that pot? Come on, man...spill the beans on the pot and the soap, and everything else!o_O

Here you go: Rocnel DE-P Shave Report #1
The lion's head is from a metal shaving mug/container made in Sheffield.
This picture shows it off a bit more maybe:

Hm, maybe it's a horse and not a lion. I have no idea :)
1zf4mtv.jpg

Greetings

Please enlighten me regarding that razor at first glance I thought it was a frameback but it appears to be some sort of honing guide to increase the angle; I'm confused!

Regards
Dick.

I'm actually not sure what it is. I thought it was a honing guard, but I can't remove it. It hones up nice with it on and I like the way it looks.

Can anybody else shed some light on this?

IK3Vy1zjQf_T1sYRwz-lrKb72OMLXZ058mcPQKB41qtoaA_no-0uar-xUa77jEy7o3Ui5mnZ0w=w1920-h1080-no

October 12th 2016
Timor 42097 open comb safety razor ( GER )
L'Occitane shaving soap ( FR )
Dawey synthetic shaving brush ( FR )
Vetiver aftershave by Guerlain ( FR )
Quote..October 12th 2016..your two days behind yourself!.it's October 14th..not to worry though..i done a post a while back and put the year as 2011!:D.what blade did you use for your shave? nice shave set by the way ;)..Regards.

@Palmolive fox Yes I know that's not today's shave, but I'm just signed into TSR, so I was excited to post something for the first time :) Btw I used a Bleue Gillette blade bought in France but made in Russia.
I stand corrected!..Gillette blues are a excellent blade, as are most of the Russian made blades, especially Voskhods.,super value super shaves.;)..out of interest this is where i bought mine from.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100pcs-VO...-extra-gift-/201228682175?hash=item2eda2a03bf superb blades.Regards.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom