S.O.T.D. Saturday 8th October - Friday 14th October 2016

Fri 14th Oct
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Faena Soap-Sandalwood
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Personna Lab Blue
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

End To DE Shaving Interlude.
Did not do a SOTD yesterday,which was just as well being a rather poor one ,due to me not getting a good setting on the Fat Boy. Much better today with the Slim, and achieved a fairly good finish. However, I preferred the feel of the Fat Boy, due to imbalance of weight between the Head &Handle on the Slim.

Felt that due to my inexperience of these Gillette icons, I got quicker and better shaves with the
Progress & Futur earlier in the week.

My first use of a Faena Soap, provided kindly by @LeeBot at delivery cost only. He felt that the scents had dissipated so did this Give-Away. with my poor nose this did not matter. As others have remarked , maybe no scent but great lather gained with Cushion and Slide. Certainly a soap
worthy of investigation by the Soap Buffs out there.

IMG_0921.jpg

I'm actually not sure what it is. I thought it was a honing guard, but I can't remove it. It hones up nice with it on and I like the way it looks.

Can anybody else shed some light on this?
I Dunno about these Particular SRs..But that Looks Like a Design to Prevent Hone Wear on the Spine for Sure..Unless its Been Added Later because of Excessive Hone Wear on the Spine in the 1st Place..:)

Billy

IK3Vy1zjQf_T1sYRwz-lrKb72OMLXZ058mcPQKB41qtoaA_no-0uar-xUa77jEy7o3Ui5mnZ0w=w1920-h1080-no

October 12th 2016
Timor 42097 open comb safety razor ( GER )
L'Occitane shaving soap ( FR )
Dawey synthetic shaving brush ( FR )
Vetiver aftershave by Guerlain ( FR )

Great shot!...Red3ain.

20161014_113046.jpg Hey All

Friday (huzzah!)

Shower
Semogue 1470 boar
Proraso Sandalwood Croap
Face lather
Schick 'Golden 500' SE
Schick Personna SE #1
Thayer's
Guerlain Heritage EdT

Newly acquired Schick (this morning). It came with nos Schick Krona blades; but I elected for one of mine. A lovely, smooth shave. Not as aggressive as my G8, but works really well. No irritation. The Proraso croap is excellent. Weekend's nearly here, guys!!

Best,

Stephen

Last edited:
Razor--ATT R1 ATLAS
Blade--Nacet (1)
Brush--The Duke 2 Best
Soap--OSP orange & patchouli
Post--Cold water , thayers wh cucumber
A/S--Floid vigoroso.
View attachment 21283
First time using the Nacet blades and they performed very well, being both sharp and smooth add the OSP soap into the mix ...Great shave!.

ENJOY YOUR DAY!
I shall be opening and trying my Nacet blades tomorrow for the start of the weekend..they sound excellent pat, Sharp & smooth, just how i like a blade.;)..regards.

Back
Top Bottom