Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

Razor--ATT R1 ATLAS
Blade--Nacet (1)
Brush--The Duke 2 Best
Soap--OSP orange & patchouli
Post--Cold water , thayers wh cucumber
A/S--Floid vigoroso.
View attachment 21283
First time using the Nacet blades and they performed very well, being both sharp and smooth add the OSP soap into the mix ...Great shave!.

ENJOY YOUR DAY!
Pleased you liked the blades, they are good, now try Rubies!!! :)

Scottish fine soaps classic,
Omega 49er,
Merkur 39c,
Rapira(2)
Alum,
Mystique homme EDP,

I thought that I would try out the 39c for a full shave, rather than it be on the subs bench for the feather artist, I am not a great lover of the Rapira, they are OK, not bad, but not as good as the Voskhod, I got a few small nicks, no gushers though, the 39c seems no less aggressive than my Muhle 41, it's very efficient in that you don't have to work to hard to get a real close shave, 2 passes and a few pick ups is all that is needed, the pick ups being on my neck either side of my Adam's apple, where the hair seems to grow in every direction, i am continuing to break in the Omega, it has plenty of backbone for hard soap lathering, but I am hoping to wear out some skritchiness, I liked the soap, I think I prefer the hard soaps, and building the lather up on my face, not too thick but not soapy thin, the alum stung in a few places, a good close shave though.

There are so many things I love about this set-up and photograph.
The lighting has a wonderful welcoming feel to it. It's subtle but I see it anyway.

You know I (like many others) am big fan of your pot collection but there's one other item which always catches my eye. It's the Braveheart handle, it just looks so solid. I'll definitely be picking one soon.

One last thing. Could you tell me the knot in your Cadman brush please? Type of badger and the dimensions of the knot?

Cheers
Rob
Thanks for the really nice comments about the pots and pics, Blackmass...your right about the Braveheart handle...I found the Braveheart razor head to be too aggressive for me, which is why I swapped it for the EJ89. The handle though, is great, because it's got a real depth to the cut of the metal so it's very grippy in wet hands. There may be a slight down side, which is the balance...the handle is quite heavy. Normally with a razor you want it to be head-heavy so that the weight of the head (rather than pressure from the hand) does the cutting. I find the EJ89 with the Braveheart handle works really well though. Of course, the Braveheart razor is quite expensive...personally, I would recommend going with just an EJ89 with its standard handle. Best razor ever created as far as I'm concerned!;) But, if you have the dosh, the EJ89/Braveheart combo might be something you really like...please don't take my word for it though...these things are so personal!

Thanks for the really nice comments about the pots and pics, Blackmass...your right about the Braveheart handle...I found the Braveheart razor head to be too aggressive for me, which is why I swapped it for the EJ89. The handle though, is great, because it's got a real depth to the cut of the metal so it's very grippy in wet hands. There may be a slight down side, which is the balance...the handle is quite heavy. Normally with a razor you want it to be head-heavy so that the weight of the head (rather than pressure from the hand) does the cutting. I find the EJ89 with the Braveheart handle works really well though. Of course, the Braveheart razor is quite expensive...personally, I would recommend going with just an EJ89 with its standard handle. Best razor ever created as far as I'm concerned!;) But, if you have the dosh, the EJ89/Braveheart combo might be something you really like...please don't take my word for it though...these things are so personal!

Cheers for the reply, much appreciated.

And the Cadman brush? Sorry to be a pain but I'm looking at getting one soon.

Cheers for the reply, much appreciated.

And the Cadman brush? Sorry to be a pain but I'm looking at getting one soon.
Mervyn Cadman makes great shaving brushes. Mine is a bell design...Blademonkey has an excellent one too that you can see in some of his posts (in the last couple of days SOTD if I'm not mistaken). I spoke to Merv a few days ago (he's working on a new design for me) and he's got a few weeks of jobs to do, but he's a great guy and no doubt will make you a great brush. Google Cadman shaving brushes to look at his work. Let me know if you need more info.
Sorry...forgot to say it's a 26mm 'Finest' badger

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom