S.O.T.D. Saturday 8th October - Friday 14th October 2016

b3Z0YJqh.jpg

Not a bad way to start the weekend, but I just realised I'm outta coffee!

Last edited:

sotd081016.jpg

Another marvelous shave using P&B's amazing soaps.
The Sanskrit goes very nice together with my home made Bay rum splash, so I can't wait for the upcoming Bay rum soap!
I had 2,5 days of stubble and it was a bit too much for the R2 plate on the first pass.
Nevertheless I finished in the end on a near BBS, as usual.
I'll probably switch to R4 on the first pass next time I haven't shaved regularly.

Have a nice Saturday everyone!

SOTD: 8th October 2016.
Saturday's Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.
  • Pre: warm shower:/ Radox Men (Wild) Blackcurrant & Ginger Shower Gel / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor:Merkur 34C .
  • Blade:Voskhod . (new)
  • Brush: Omega S10065 Synthetic.
  • Cream: Derby Lavender+ 4 drops of Glycerin in the soap bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture/The Real Shaving Co. Post Shave Soothing Balm.
  • A/S: Grey Flannel.
  • The morning shower with the Blackcurrant & ginger shower gel was a excellent autumnal wake up, a change of razor, brush and blade to start the weekend off,i normally use the same razor for the full week, but this week i'll be rotating other razors which i've been neglecting recently..a wonderful razor & blade match the voskhod matches up excellently with my 34C, i haven't used my Omega synthetic for a while, it works superbly with creams..a nice easy 3 pass + pick up's shave to start my weekend off nicely. Enjoy you day,gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD: 8th October 2016.
View attachment 21165
Shaving recipe for today.
  • Pre: warm shower:/ Radox Men (Wild) Blackcurrant & Ginger Shower Gel / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor:Merkur 34C .
  • Blade:Voskhod . (new)
  • Brush: Omega S10065 Synthetic.
  • Cream: Derby Lavender+ 4 drops of Glycerin in the soap bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture/The Real Shaving Co. Post Shave Soothing Balm.
  • A/S: Grey Flannel.
  • The morning shower with the Blackcurrant & ginger shower gel was a excellent autumnal wake up, a change of razor, brush and blade to start the weekend off,i normally use the same razor for the full week, bu this week i'll be rotating other razors which i've been neglecting recently..a wonderful razor & blade match the voskhod matches up excellently with my 34C, i haven't used my Omega synthetic for a while, it works superbly with creams..a nice easy 3 pass + pick up's shave to start my weekend off nicely. Enjoy you day,gentlemen.:cool:
Blackcurrant and ginger sounds fab! :)

Greetings

Saturday 8th October 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ikon B1 Slant/Short Bulldog Handle
Blade: Treet Durasharp Carbon
Brush: Thater 2 Band
Soap: Valobra Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Tauer L'Air Du Desert Marocain

My first use of the Valobra stick and I am initially very impressed. I find it a fairly low lather soap but super slick affording a really nice shave. The soap obviously has a very high tallow content, just a sniff will reveal this as the only scent I can detect is beef dripping! I have shied away from Valobra in the past because of it's price tag, I have this mental barrier that tells me a shave stick should not cost more than a quid!

Regards
Dick.

8.10.16.JPG

20161008_093657.jpg Good morning gentleman
Haslinger calendula
Muhle R41/ EJ 3D diamond handle
Gillette silver blue(#3)
Semogue 820
Old Spice a/s lotion, Proraso a/s balm, Nivea moisturiser
A lovely shave with the Haslinger, one of the best soaps you can use IMO.
The EJ handle seems perfect for the R41 head & the blade is a very smooth performer too.
Enjoy the weekend!

Last edited:
Greetings

Saturday 8th October 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ikon B1 Slant/Short Bulldog Handle
Blade: Treet Durasharp Carbon
Brush: Thater 2 Band
Soap: Valobra Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Tauer L'Air Du Desert Marocain

My first use of the Valobra stick and I am initially very impressed. I find it a fairly low lather soap but super slick affording a really nice shave. The soap obviously has a very high tallow content, just a sniff will reveal this as the only scent I can detect is beef dripping! I have shied away from Valobra in the past because of it's price tag, I have this mental barrier that tells me a shave stick should not cost more than a quid!

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 21166
Mmm Beef dripping! :)

I thought I'd try a Nacet in a milder razor and they really are good. 3 passes and no touch-up. Hadn't used The Fat for a while, so it's nice to get it back in circulation again. Splash of Tabac (great how its smell hasn't changed in this zeitgeist of reformulations?) and Mrs Scotshave and I will be off to the Pentlands for a walk this afternoon.

Bulldog Face Wash
Omega 80800 boar
The Fat
Face lather
Gillette Superspeed 1951
Gillette Nacet #1
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera Witch Hazel
Tabac Original a/s

Have a great day, folks.

Stephen.
1475918004564612534091.jpg

Last edited:
Sat 8th Oct
RazoRock Plissoft 22m
Lea Classic soap
Schick E2
Schick NOS Platinum [2 -Sweden ]
Alum Rub/Rinse
Lea Classic A/S lotion

My second shave with what a few regard as an aggressive Razor, IMHO it is not providing you have a light touch. Fortunately after a shaky start in my return to Shaving without a cartridge, I learnt to develop light touch on a Futur, as I was determined after the expense to be able to get
good shaves with it. This has stood me in good stead in my adventures with DE/SE & Injector Razors .
Today the Shave was better than the first , it was smooth apart from being a bit harsh when going ATG on one cheek [ angle wrong], overall great comfortable shave with good all round finish even in droopy neck areas.

IMG_0912.jpg

Back
Top Bottom