S.O.T.D. Saturday 8th October - Friday 14th October 2016

Good Morning Gents,
This was yesterday's shave but didn't have time to post it.

Prep: Hot shower and Nivea Face Scrub.
Pre: King of shaves oil, hot towel and Bloom water.
Razor: ATT Kronos S2
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington

I face lathered for the first and it went OK. I love the Arlington soap, the slickness is excellent.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Cheers
Rob

Pre: Shower and bloom water
Soap: @OSP Bay Rum sample (courtesy of @Blademonkey)
Razor: Schick Type L 1
Blade: Personna
AS: Pinaud Clubman

SOAP
I'd always been intrigued about wtf Bay Rum smelt of. I then saw a comment from one member that it smells of cloves and puts him off. It's not a smell I'm particularly fond of either but @Blademonkey offered up some of his @OSP Bay Rum as a tester.

When I got it and opened the tin foil it was wrapped in the smell of cloves was in my face, not to be put off (I've fallen foul of dismissing soaps on their smell before lathering them before) I was still going to give this a test drive

RAZOR
First injector I've tried and after finding this example on flea-bay for under a fiver I was eager to see what they are like

The OSP lathered up beautifully as expected, still getting only clove but at a more acceptable level. OSP goes on great!

The razor I found lacking though, I wasn't getting much feedback and even though I'd removed all the lather found patches of whiskers that looked like had never been touched. Where it did take them off it seemed good enough but the whole experience of the razor was a bit...average. I'll give it another go in the up coming days.

I'm writing all this on my phone in town as I wait for the girls clothes shopping. Its about 2 hrs after the shave and my face feels prickly and uncomfortable. I think there might be something in the soap that doesn't like me.

All in all a disappointing shave, when I get home I'm going to suck on my alum block and see if the onset of alzheimers kicks in so I can forget all about this

6150800e5481fe77f1ac578a059fef2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom