S.O.T.D. Saturday 8th October - Friday 14th October 2016

IK3Vy1zjQf_T1sYRwz-lrKb72OMLXZ058mcPQKB41qtoaA_no-0uar-xUa77jEy7o3Ui5mnZ0w=w1920-h1080-no

October 12th 2016
Timor 42097 open comb safety razor ( GER )
L'Occitane shaving soap ( FR )
Dawey synthetic shaving brush ( FR )
Vetiver aftershave by Guerlain ( FR )
Love that brush. Where is it available?

Friday AM 2016-10-14

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Finest (26mm/65mm)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving cream (sample)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Corinthian
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (sample)

The C&E cream lathered quite well and gave me an excellent shave. My first impression is that its fragrance is leathery and spicy, somewhat like Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet or Aramis JHL but with possibly a slight marine tone added. I think I may like it well enough to buy some of the cream, perhaps to pair with one of my relatively unscented vintage soaps for superlather, but I probably will end up not getting the aftershave.
eyvS9Yt.jpg

Pot of the day...
This is my current Citra Royale pot...

The shave: Glyce soap prep and Proraso White pre-shave / P&B Citra Royale / Cadman Custom / EJ89+Braveheart+Nacet / Myrsol Agua de Limon AS splash / Trumpers West Indian Limes Skin Food balm

There are two big negatives when having so many soaps: first is the cost (but at least there's many years of shaving already paid for and at todays prices;)) and second: it can take a while to get back round to a great one if you're rotating them. The good thing is that P&B make so many great ones, and...I cheat on the rotation every now and then!:D:D:D Roll on Baskerville!
Happy weekend to all;):):D

Citrashave.jpg

Pot of the day...
This is my current Citra Royale pot...

The shave: Glyce soap prep and Proraso White pre-shave / P&B Citra Royale / Cadman Custom / EJ89+Braveheart+Nacet / Myrsol Agua de Limon AS splash / Trumpers West Indian Limes Skin Food balm

There are two big negatives when having so many soaps: first is the cost (but at least there's many years of shaving already paid for and at todays prices;)) and second: it can take a while to get back round to a great one if you're rotating them. The good thing is that P&B make so many great ones, and...I cheat on the rotation every now and then!:D:D:D Roll on Baskerville!
Happy weekend to all;):):D

View attachment 21295

There are so many things I love about this set-up and photograph.
The lighting has a wonderful welcoming feel to it. It's subtle but I see it anyway.

You know I (like many others) am big fan of your pot collection but there's one other item which always catches my eye. It's the Braveheart handle, it just looks so solid. I'll definitely be picking one soon.

One last thing. Could you tell me the knot in your Cadman brush please? Type of badger and the dimensions of the knot?

Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom