IMG_5485.JPG

Hot Towel
C&S No.88 & Pure Badger
Ever Ready Streamline & GEM Stainless Coated [2]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

I have been looking forward to shaving with an Ever Ready Steamline for some time and a kind chap right here leant me his. I have read that it is no different from a 1912, even that a 1912 is better, but I think that unfair. This is indeed an excellent shave and very much akin to the 1912, but the more solid feel, the heavier presence, the classier razor all go together to produce an altogether better shave than the 1912. All the 1912 elements are there, the blade feel, the blade sound, just that it is delivered in a more solid package.

Lovely shave ...

SPHDwFS.jpg

Digress HD B @4
Personna Platinum Chrome
TOBS Imitation Badger
Wickham Super Smooth Soap
Alum

Another lovely shave from a great combo. The Personna was perhaps a bit more unforgiving than the Gillette Silver Blues that I've been getting used to.

My soap sample is getting very low, so I'll be onto another soon.

pjgh said:
All the 1912 elements are there, the blade feel, the blade sound, just that it is delivered in a more solid package.

That's a great description for it, although I find my Streamline has ever so slightly more "bite".

mulligano said:
SPHDwFS.jpg

Digress HD B @4
Personna Platinum Chrome
TOBS Imitation Badger
Wickham Super Smooth Soap
Alum

Another lovely shave from a great combo. The Personna was perhaps a bit more unforgiving than the Gillette Silver Blues that I've been getting used to.

My soap sample is getting very low, so I'll be onto another soon.

pjgh said:
All the 1912 elements are there, the blade feel, the blade sound, just that it is delivered in a more solid package.

That's a great description for it, although I find my Streamline has ever so slightly more "bite".

Is that a recent brush? I like the way it has a bit of a bloom which is something I miss since I stopped using badger.

Thursday morning:

-Joseph Rodgers & Sons 5/8"
-Simpsons Chubby 2, Best Badger
-Mitchell's Wool Fat, soap
-Face Lather
-Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
-Taylor of Old Bond Street, Eton College ASL
-WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicronalphapi3CC0SOTD-2014-04-03_zps64562ea1.jpg

Greetings

Thursday 3rd April 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Treet Durasharp Carbon
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Tabac Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Terre D'Hermes

A lovely close and very comfortable shave. For me these Treet blades (both the Durasharp and the 'Black Beauties') whilst not the sharpest of blades, produce the most comfortable shave of any DE blade I have tried leaving my face without a hint of tenderness or an abraded feel. I am at a loss as to why they receive so little acclaim.

Regards
Dick.

DSC05413.JPG

Thursday Morning

T&H No. 10 face scrub
Proraso Green soap, bowl lathered
Simpsons Pure Badger
Merkur 15c
Gillette Super Thin (2)
Cold rinse, Alum and WH
Blue Stratos
T&H No. 10 balm

Tired and groggy this morning. Got in from work stupidly late last night and up after about 4.5 hours kip. Had enough time to relax and enjoy the shave though. Just took my time. Ended up with a nice result.

Enjoy your day Gents.

A day behind as usual:

EJ DE89L, Personna 'Barber'
Simpsons Colonel
GFT Coconut Soap
Barbershop Bay Rum
Gairdner's Beard Oil
Mr Taylor's Cologne

Two swift passes after a brief swirl on the soap resulted in a smooth and tidy beard neckline. I say beard but it is really rather patchy and quite scruffy but this, I read, is the norm for its age. I care not what others say: my batch of this soap is quite wonderful.

Thursday 3rd April

SOTD3414_zps0a363c6e.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Speick stick grated scuttle lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette NEW Deluxe chrome
Racer (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

A decent shave, I don't use the Racers much. They give a smooth shave, not as sharp as some blades, but they get the job done with no irritation.

Cold water splash
Simpson Commodore X3
Czech & Speake O&C soap
Weber PH / Bulldog handle
Polsilver SI (2)
Clinique Post-Shave Healer, Clinique M-Lotion

Lovely lather and scent from C&S. One tiny weeper due to operator error...

Back
Top Bottom