S.O.T.D Saturday 29th March to Friday 4th April 2014

Bic 1 Sensitive
Proraso foam
No7 balm

21o3qzm.jpg

I'm not exactly getting this week's thread off to a great start! Excellent shave, mind you.

Greetings

Saturday 29th March 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick G8 Injector
Blade: Schick Super Stainless Platinum Edge NOS
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: La Toja Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A super close shave, this brush is now broken in and I am hugely impressed with it, for me it is better than my Owners Club boar, 620, and even my Owners Club 2012 SE Mixed. I use it only for face lathering which I do for 99% of my shaves.

Regards
Dick.

DSC05401.JPG

Shower
Macca root face scrub
Proraso pre/post
T&H 1805 cream
GFT SB4 brush
Merkur Digress @ No.3
Gillette SB
3 passes and tidy up
Alum
Proraso pre/post

first time here, no pics (maybe next time)

Thought the GSB's were rougher than 7 o'clock yellows but wayyyyyy much closer shave.
Need to persevere with the GSB's.

With the impending arrival of my first straight I figured some practice was in order!

Hot shower and some hair conditioner
WS Brush
An Astra SP
A big sigh of relief and a cold water splash!

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Portus Cale
Brush: Simpson Chybby 1 in Super
Razor: Rudolf Schmidt Bambola 205
Moustache Razor : The Mab Dwarf Razor
AS: Myrsol F./Extra

image.php

image.php

Edwin Jagger DE86
Personna Platinum Chrome
Wilkinson Sword Brush
Trumpers Sandalwood Cream
Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

The sandalwood smell is growing on me... might be time for a full size skin food

6OyeH0F.jpg

MRGLO
Schick Platinum
Gillette Silver Blue
Shaving.ie 24mm Silvertip
Wickham Super Smooth Soap

Surprise of the week: the Schick Platinum is a great shaver! I got the Schick a while ago, simply for it's novelty, but decided to really test the soap by using this razor today.

The closest in weight/build that I can think of is the Wilkinson Classic, which this blows straight out of the water. It has a bit of aggression, in the most gentle form, that gave me a clean, smooth shave in 3 passes.

Whether this is due to the razor or the soap I'm not sure. The soap, as always, performed impeccably and despite what I've heard others say, I could still get whiffs of the Bay Rum/Cola scent whilst driving about half an hour later - I purposefully didn't use an aftershave today just to test this.

Either I'm just getting much better at this, or I've had a string of lucky shaves the past couple of weeks.

SATURDAY MORNING

Pre: Hot rinse and Aleppo soap
Cream: XPEC
Brush: Simpsons Tulip 2 Super
Razor: Lady Pomco
Blade: Gillette Swede
EDT - Cerruti 1881

I had been warned the Pomco was a feisty madam, and she is certainly aggressive. However, a very light touch produced a BBS finish and I also found the 'armpit side' worked very well around the contours of my jawline and my mouth.

Coupling it with the lather monster that is XPEC was a wise move I reckon.

Plisson Joris Engraved Gold Razor
Gillette Silver Blue
Bowling Green Lime Vetiver Shave Soap
Dr Shaving (frank Shaving) Extra filled Silvertip
Dove Post Shave Balm
Old Spice Cologne
SRD Mother Earth Scuttle

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 rebranded Macys badger flopmeister
1955 President/Gillette Super Stainless (1970)
XPEC SC
Myrsol Emulsion
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (black bottle)

The Prez is one of my favorite fixed head razors in both looks and performance. This thing shines like crazy and looks like an even nicer than usual Diplomat (another beauty but in gold). Shave is just a smidge less than perfect, but pretty darn near the mark.

Found this near mint cased one in the wild years ago and it's great having it in the arsenal. Heh, sold one to missingchin years ago that didn't fit me well, and he ended up loving it.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom