S.O.T.D Saturday 29th March to Friday 4th April 2014

pjgh said:

Today is the 1st of April! :icon_twisted:

My real one:

Prep: Hot Shower with Floris London N°89 Shower gel.
Soap: Floris London N°89
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 - 2 band in Super
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade : Feather Professional
Moustache Razor : The Mab Dwarf Razor
AS: Floris London N°89
EDT : Floris London N°89

image.php

image.php

Muhle Retro Blue
iKon Bulldog II handle & R89 head w/ Feather
Synergy HTGAM Lime & EJ Aloe Vera Cream
eShave Aftershave Soother Verbena Lime & GFT Skin Food

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122036502@N02/13564962773/

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded butterscotch Simpsons best
'Webly'/Super Iridium
XPEC SC
Myrsol Emulsion
no EdT for some reason I'm not aware of I guess

First time using this new Stahly head acquisition, stuck on the usual Weber long handle. Wanted to make sure it shaved well, and man.......it sure do!! I'd bought one a while back but it needed some sanding or something because it had been rhodium plated. Ended up returning it to the seller. So for a while I had no back up......spooky eh?

This head has no signs of ever being used.......a five buck flea market special. Very glad to have this in the arsenal.

BBS results,

Martin

TUESDAY EVENING

Pre: Cold rinse
Cream: T&H No 10
Brush: Simpsons Tulip 2 Super
Razor: Lady Pomco
Blade: Swede

My first cold shave of the year. Burnt my hand cooking tonight so no choice!

My second great shave with m'lady. She is definitely a feisty madam, my face is a bit tender! Only a couple of very minor weepers (I think the blade might be going over) but a glass smooth finish, so all is good.

Haha, some very good April fools posts! :D

CvETWUj.jpg

Digress HD B @4
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Duke 2 Pure
Wickham Super Smooth Soap
Alum

Late shave today, and no extras like pre or post shave. I was also in a bit of a rush but managed to get a brilliant 2 pass, irritation free shave. In fact, the soap lathered just as good as when I'm not rushed and I managed to snap a shot of the leftovers:
Obym83t.jpg

The Digress performed admirably again but my decision to buy one is being held back by the thought that it is still a pot metal "core". Well that and the fact that I'm far from flush at the moment!

Having said that, I was trying to wait until I got paid but treated myself to a tub of the Southsea Spray tonight - can't wait to try it!

Tall_Paul said:
TUESDAY EVENING

Razor: Lady Pomco

My second great shave with m'lady. She is definitely a feisty madam, my face is a bit tender! Only a couple of very minor weepers (I think the blade might be going over) but a glass smooth finish, so all is good.

Though she's belted you and flayed you,
By the living God that made you,
You're a better man than I am, Tall Paul

Ain't it the truth (in my best Bert Lahr voice). I tried gentlin that lil filly, but she was havin none of it. I can see her shavin real close, but only with the right person. You two are meant to have a relationship together, not me.

I liked her weight and balance, and the handle was surprisingly comfortable in my hand. She must be chrome plated to shine that way. But man, she was one who always needed watching and not losing focus was important.

Congrats on the new sassy Chicago Gangsterette in the arsenal,

Mart

dodgy said:
Though she's belted you and flayed you,
By the living God that made you,
You're a better man than I am, Tall Paul

Ain't it the truth (in my best Bert Lahr voice). I tried gentlin that lil filly, but she was havin none of it. I can see her shavin real close, but only with the right person. You two are meant to have a relationship together, not me.

I liked her weight and balance, and the handle was surprisingly comfortable in my hand. She must be chrome plated to shine that way. But man, she was one who always needed watching and not losing focus was important.

Congrats on the new sassy Chicago Gangsterette in the arsenal,

Mart

She's definitely a moll Mart. Looks hot as hell, whilst smoking a cigarillo and kneeing you in the balls.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Fitjar Fjellheim
Brush: Simpson The Jubilee
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth
Blade : Feather
Moustache Razor : The Mab Dwarf Razor
AS: Dior Fahrenheit
EDT : Dior Fahrenheit

image.php

image.php

Wednesday morning:

C.V. Heljestrand Eskilstuna, No 31 5/8"
Semogue Owners Club, Bristle
Castle Forbes, Lime, cream
Steve Woodhear Scuttle
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
Truefitt & Hill 1805, ASL
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

Have a great day!

Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicronalphapi3CC0SOTD-2014-04-02-2_zpsda719df7.jpg

Greetings

Wednesday 2nd March 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick L1 Injector
Blade: Gillette Twinjector
Brush: Vulfix 404 mixed
Cream: Lea
Aftershave: Floid Balm

A super close shave, these are the sharpest injector blades I have ever used and were a kind and generous gift from that well known transatlantic friend to all of us on this forum.

These blades are if anything, too sharp, in the same way that Feather DE blades are for me, I need (even with this very gentle razor) to shave slower and more carefully and this is a razor that with a standard personna stainless coated blade fitted you could 'throw' around your face in a totally reckless manner without any fear of weepers or nicks; not that you would want too.

The blades are two super thin blades electro spot welded together in three places along the blades centres, they are also incredibly easy to damage inserting them into the razor.

A fascinating experience, a blade to reserve for a special occasion eg. a dinner invite from The Queen!

Regards
Dick.

DSC05411.JPG

Wednesday ii April, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Savon de Provence Sandalwood
Pre: Tepid water splash
Brush: Vulfix Boar Brute
Soap: Ralph Lauren Safari
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable M3 date code
Blade: NOS Eversharp Stainless #1
Post: Alum, Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic, Simpson's Vitalising ASB
Fragrance: Floris Elite ASL

Result: What a blade, that's all I have to say this morning. Splendid!

All the best, gents

Jon

Wednesday

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
Aristocrat Junior
Sputnik
DR Harris Windsor AS & EdT

Very nice indeed, the Sputnik is a top blade. Smelling great with the Windsor, already had a compliment from one of my colleagues as we squeezed into the tiny office kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom