S.O.T.D Saturday 29th March to Friday 4th April 2014

Duly noted. I'll grab a pack next time I'm over at Traditional Shaving ... unless a bargain pack catches my eye on t'Bay. I have a good range of Techs and have enjoyed them all with a sharp blade like a Feather, 7 O'Clock yellow or Sputnik. Slightly thinner, I'm sure they'll come into their own.

MONDAY EVENING

SATURDAY MORNING

Pre: Hot rinse
Cream: Fitjar Shea Pleasure
Brush: Simpsons Tulip 2 Super
Razor: Schick Grip
Blade: Chick

Another excellent shave with this razor. Not uber-BBS, but more than close enough and it's so easy to whip it round your chops without fear of it biting (or 'giving butterfly kisses' to use a dodgyism).

After the usual 1- minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch rebranded Simpsons best
1961 Fatboy/Super Iridium
RL Safari SS
Myrsol Emulsion
RL 'Safari' EdT (vintage juice)

First time using this recently acquired razor. Although it looked ok when purchased, you never know till it's shaved with. Nice little piece of history as it turned out, with no weirdness.

Finally jumped off that crazy Xpec train today...........whew. It's a little bit addicting, but probably only temporary. Took the Safari to pull me away. I can quit any time I want to.....

BBS results,

Martin

dodgy said:
Finally jumped off that crazy Xpec train today...........whew. It's a little bit addicting, but probably only temporary. Took the Safari to pull me away. I can quit any time I want to.....

It would be a right bastard who were to feed your addiction with more of those wouldn't it. :icon_cheesygrin:

Tall_Paul said:
It would be a beneficent benefactor who were to feed your harmless and certainly non addictive hobby with more of those wouldn't it.

I think you had things a bit mixed up. It's fine now. And yes, do you have another source? You can tell me.........I don't care either way. So do you?

No it's ok, I have enough.

Mart

Tell me!

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: M&F L7 Coral 2-band
Razor: EJ DE89 with Templ8 custom handle
Blade: Shark SS (1) discarded
Post: Osma Alum (for the weepers), Thayer's Lemon WH (for the irritation), Myrsol Agua Balsamica (for the irritation), and finally Proraso balm (for skin repair).

Ugh, now I remember why the Shark blades were in the bottom of my blade drawer. Only managed a DFS after 4 passes and binned the blade afterwards. Horrible shave.
_20140331_194103.JPG

Feather Artist Club DX
Feather Pro Super blade
Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian
Acqua Di Parma Colonia shaving cream
Creed Cuir De Russie EDT

Razor Vintage Erusta 96 Boehlersteel 13/16 full hollow
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Brush Simpsons P8
Soap Tcheon Fung Sing bergamot & neroli
Witch hazel
Aftershave balm Tcheon Fung Sing bergamot & neroli
Scent L'Occitane Ambre & Santal Edt​

Excellent deep shave this morning. BBS in just 1 pass!
Very good soap. Probably it lack a bit of hydratation in the post, but the lather is rich.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Unilever Active Gel
Brush: No name in Boar
Razor: Montana 7/8 Swedish Stainless Steel
AS: GSG Pure Scented Ammonia

image.php

image.php

Tuesday i April, 2014

97371ede-3cab-40c5-999f-f2b3ea277295_zps446701e8.jpg

Prep: Hot shower, Savon de Provence Sandalwood
Pre: Tepid water splash
Brush: Vulfix Boar Brute
Soap: Ralph Lauren Safari
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable M3 date code
Blade: Gillette Platinum #3
Post: Alum, Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic, Simpson's Vitalising ASB
Fragrance: Floris Elite ASL

Result: Used the Slim at a lesser angle today (probably around 15 degrees) and it was much better. Lucky T is great stuff and the Elite seemed appropriate for a mild Spring morning.

All the best, gents

Jon

Greetings

Tuesday 1st April 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick J3 Golden 500 Injector
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Cream: La Toja
Aftershave: La Toja

A really nice shave, this is a lovely shaving razor with a silly handle two inches too long (IMHO)

Regards
Dick.

DSC05409.JPG

Back
Top Bottom