S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st October to Friday 7th October 2016

Pot of the Day...
A red pot for Proraso Red (and yes, I do know that it's not a Japanese shaving soap!o_O).

Hot shower, followed by Proraso Red pre-shave; Proraso Red cream face-lathered with 'The Duke' and removed in three slow passes with EJ89/Braveheart and a Nacet; Humphrey's Witch Hazel, a splash of Pinaud Clubman Musk, topped off with Bulldog Balm about 20 minutes later.

A warming and musky shave indeed...have a great evening all;):)

shave2.jpg

Have a good evening :)
Cheers @Blademonkey . We had dinner at The Wolseley on Piccadilly. It was constructed in 1921 as a car showroom for Wolseley Motors and then served as a branch of Barclays Bank before being refurbished as a restaurant in the late 90's. Great looking place with excellent food and service. They also do a very nice afternoon tea. Worth a visit if you're in London, and there are several shaving shops just around the corner in Jermyn Street and St James ;)

SOTD: 6th October. Birthday Shave...

Pre: Proraso White Pre-Shave
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Piacenza
Razor: Gillette Long Handled Black Beauty (O4)
Brush: Shavemac Seillean GR24
Blade: Perma - Sharp (1)
A/S: Stirling Soap Co. Piacenza
Balm: Nivea For Men

Just wonderful.
View attachment 21137
You fat bastard
SOTD: 6th October. Birthday Shave...

Pre: Proraso White Pre-Shave
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Piacenza
Razor: Gillette Long Handled Black Beauty (O4)
Brush: Shavemac Seillean GR24
Blade: Perma - Sharp (1)
A/S: Stirling Soap Co. Piacenza
Balm: Nivea For Men

Just wonderful.
View attachment 21137
Happy belated b/day Kevy.

20161007_SOTDSVigRedPia_zps5ozwlmc6.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief
Soap: Mike's Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Cheers @Blademonkey . We had dinner at The Wolseley on Piccadilly. It was constructed in 1921 as a car showroom for Wolseley Motors and then served as a branch of Barclays Bank before being refurbished as a restaurant in the late 90's. Great looking place with excellent food and service. They also do a very nice afternoon tea. Worth a visit if you're in London, and there are several shaving shops just around the corner in Jermyn Street and St James ;)
Sounds wonderful .

Pre: Shower and bloom
Soap: Wickhams Russian Leather
Razor: R41
Blade: Derby
AS: Pinaud Clubman

I technically don't need a shave as I'm working from home today but wanted to get the most experience from the borrowed R41. I wanted to test the suggestion of a Tech aluminium handle and a Derby blade. Unfortunately my handle won't fit on the R41, it will only screw half way down the thread of the head. The EJ89 handle is practically identical to the R41's so just stuck with it and tried the Derby stock R41.

The razor is a different beast with the Derby, dare I say slightly tamer and a little smoother than the Astra? Definitely suits the razor though. I found I could use the razor more confidently and quickly. Only a 2 pass and a little clean up afterwards and I'm not left sore, but have that "I know I've had a shave" feeling.

Friday comes around quickly!

Pre: Shower and bloom
Soap: Wickhams Russian Leather
Razor: R41
Blade: Derby
AS: Pinaud Clubman

I technically don't need a shave as I'm working from home today but wanted to get the most experience from the borrowed R41. I wanted to test the suggestion of a Tech aluminium handle and a Derby blade. Unfortunately my handle won't fit on the R41, it will only screw half way down the thread of the head. The EJ89 handle is practically identical to the R41's so just stuck with it and tried the Derby stock R41.

The razor is a different beast with the Derby, dare I say slightly tamer and a little smoother than the Astra? Definitely suits the razor though. I found I could use the razor more confidently and quickly. Only a 2 pass and a little clean up afterwards and I'm not left sore, but have that "I know I've had a shave" feeling.

Friday comes around quickly!
A derby can be a very good choice of blade for an aggressive razor for some people, good news! :)

Back
Top Bottom