Hien 650 Kamisori
Thayers WH
Ogallala Bay Rum
Have fun!
c2ce0bb10c0ffacac054ff115eeefaed.jpg

SOTD: 6th October. Birthday Shave...

Pre: Proraso White Pre-Shave
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Piacenza
Razor: Gillette Long Handled Black Beauty (O4)
Brush: Shavemac Seillean GR24
Blade: Perma - Sharp (1)
A/S: Stirling Soap Co. Piacenza
Balm: Nivea For Men

Just wonderful.
View attachment 21137
Happy birthday Kevy, you don't look a day over 47 :)

Wash - Meissner Tremonia Puristic
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – iKon B1 Deluxe
Blade – BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush - 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
Soap – Stirling M.I.T.A
Post - Witch Hazel, Jojoba oil.

A promising shave with the Stirling M.I.T.A, although I felt the 'Jade' was the wrong brush for the job, which is more of a hard soap killer....In fact, I think I'll try the 'Archduke' from Brad next time...
The iKon/ BIC combo delivered a very fine shave, despite my lather not being the best...So, an interesting return to this setup is on the cards...

Pot of the day...
This is one of a limited edition of 2,014 pots made in 2014 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the start of WW1. I could think of no finer pot to keep one of my favourite shaving soaps in: Phoenix & Beau Albion.

It also seemed appropriate to use my pewter '1914' silver tip (not made in 1914!), my Ever Ready 1912, and some of the good old GFT west indian Limes Skin Food, which I now decant into an antique field surgeon's bottle (great condition apothecary bottle that is carried in a steel outer bottle (it has a spring cork in the lid that holds the stopper in tight and the top locks into place with a twist...I love this piece!).

The other aspects of the shave: Glyce pre-wash, GFT Skin Food as pre-shave cream and post shave balm, coal tar wash, cold rinse and alum, and Wickham's 1912 Citrus Musk AS splash.

Overall a good shave, but I think I'll be going back to the EJ89 and Nacets from now on. Maybe on 11 November at 11am, this would be a good shave to have.;)

Happy shaving all!
View attachment 21074
Love the pot!!

DSC_0461_zpsckr0alhz.jpg

DSC_0460_zpsc4glznnb.jpg
DSC_0465_zpsu1rizoch.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Wester Bros Manganese Steel 5/8th Full Hollow (Freshly Honed)
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

My NOS Wester Bros Manganese Steel Solingen 5/8th Arrived the Other Today..Thanks to My Friend @Karl G ..Its in Mint Condition & a Very Beautiful SR..I Honed Her Up & She Took a Killer Edge..After Honing My Hard Steel Russian SR the Day before the Wester Felt Like a Beer Can on the Hone..:eek:

I Honed it in Jig Time..As Far as I Am Concerned there is Something Special about Shaving with a Freshly Honed NOS SR..The Bevel on them has Not Been Mucked about with & a Precedent is Set for Evermore..I had a Very Smooth Shave Today with this SR..Its a Top Notch Shaver for Sure & Performs as Well as it Looks..;)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom