Thursday 6th
Zenith TS506
OSP Eucalyptus Tea Tree & Menthol
Ever Ready UK 1912 w/Rocnel handle
GEM SSC #10
Alum > Rinse > Alcolado Glacial Splash
Nivea Cooling Balm
IMG_20161005_143607.jpg

Refreshing and cooling was the order of the day, ably met by the above combo. Again using the excellent Rocnel handle for another SE.
Can't emphasise enough how good OSP soaps are for ease, protection, slickness and post shave.

Good shaves everyone!

A beautiful razor. How do you find it on the mild to aggressive scale?
Greetings
The razor actually looks a lot better in that photo than what it does in the hand, the gold plating is well worn, in fact the top cap is down to the raw brass, it is nevertheless an excellent shaver.

'New's' tend to be fairly aggressive shavers about the same as say a Fatboy on setting 7 or 8 and more aggressive than 'Old's', but of course some people would disagree, there are very many sub models and two different comb styles, this one and a model with a shorter comb, they all give a very similar shave. During the twenties and thirties they were probably the commonest razor used.

Regards
Dick.

Greetings
The razor actually looks a lot better in that photo than what it does in the hand, the gold plating is well worn, in fact the top cap is down to the raw brass, it is nevertheless an excellent shaver.

'New's' tend to be fairly aggressive shavers about the same as say a Fatboy on setting 7 or 8 and more aggressive than 'Old's', but of course some people would disagree, there are very many sub models and two different comb styles, this one and a model with a shorter comb, they all give a very similar shave. During the twenties and thirties they were probably the commonest razor used.

Regards
Dick.
Thanks Dick ☺

Felicitations TSR

Bulldog Face Wash, Proraso Green Pre-shave
Semogue 1520
Cella Olio di Marandola
Face lather
1960s Gillette Tech (Made in England)
Gillette 7 o' Clock (yellow) #2
Alum block, Thayer's Rose Petal, Proraso Green Pre-shave, Fine Platinum a/s

Still enjoying this cold water rinse between passes routine. The mild Tech and the 7 o' Clocks pair well together and the Cella does the biz. Applying a spot or two of the pre-shave is lovely and cooling; especially bracing with a splash of the Platinum a couple of minutes later.

Have a great day, everbody.

Stephen.
20161006_131936.jpg

Thur 6th Oct.
Vulfix 404 mixed
MWF
PAL S/S Adjustable No 2
Schick S/S " Chick " [ 1 ]
La Toja A/S lotion

Having had to abort shaves with this Razor when trying to use an NOS blade . Today with a dependable " Chick " loaded, it was a different Razor. A nice shave, being very smooth and easy to move around the face.

The Resultant Shave was what I expected from the PAL, nice all round close finish with no
irritation. Confirms that for me that this is one of my best Injectors, beats most Schicks using a single blade apart from the E2 , which i used yesterday for the first time.

IMG_0908.jpg

Shave of the day - 06/10/2016

Prep - Hot Shower
Pre Shave - Musgo Real Classic Scent Oil Soap and Bloom Water
Razor - Muhle R41
Razor Blade - Voshkod (3)
Brush - Muhle Synthetic Fibre
Soap - PAA Cavendish
Witch Hazel - Thayers Peach
Aftershave - Lucky Tiger Aftershave
Balm - Avon Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk