S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st October to Friday 7th October 2016

For the beard two passes with the Gold Dollar, final with The General (still getting the hang of the straights) . The General on the head shave was much less smooth than the Injectomatic and I2. Whether that's the Feather Pro Super in particular talking, or simply the wide AC blades being trickier to manage on the dome curve I dunno.

e1fe46d021138f19d8845fe0c105eca9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Greetings, Shavoids

Bulldog Face Wash
Tabac soap
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm synth
Face lather
Schick Injector G8 SE
Schick Injector Blade (China) #3
Alum block, Thayer's and Proraso Green pre cream and after shave

I think this is the razor that gives me the closest SE shave (almost dangerously so). A good thing, though; reminds you about the basic rules regarding care and lack of pressure.

Really dolphin-esque finish this evening. The Schick, for me, is the best SE combo; closely followed the English Ever Ready 1912.
Tabac's a tremendous soap too (as afficionados will testify to). Great protection and performance with the Schick; with a great post-shave feel.

Be well everyone.

S.
20161005_204951.jpg

image.jpg SOTD Thursday 6th October 2016. Greetings to one and all.

Prep..Shower
Pre..Bloom water
Soap..P&B Citra Royale
Brush..Shavemac "the blue one"
Razor..R41 with fat windrose
Blade..Astra SP #1
Post..Thayers lavender AF
AS..Fine platinum

My first use of this soap received from P&B yesterday and I must say its a great morning wake you up soap, it's really zingy with the lime with a lovely fresh cedarwood scent, and it's performance was as usual with all P&B soaps top notch.
It's also been about ten months since Iv'e used an R41 but it threw up no supprises, it was just as efficient as I remember it having been and with the Astra SP gave a very close and comfortable shave indeed .
Finnished off with a splash of lavender witch hazel shortly followed by the fantastic Fine platinum aftershave , good to go.

Wishing you all a tremendous Thursday . Over and out.

Last edited:
SOTD: 6th October 2016.
Thursday's Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.
  • Pre: warm shower:/Cien (Green Kick) shower gel & shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker 24C .
  • Blade:Ladas super stainless. (1)
  • Brush: Semogue 830.
  • Bloom water face wash.
  • Soap: Proraso green menthol and eucalyptus+ 4 drops of Glycerin in the soap bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture /Arko (Fresh) aftershave balm.
  • A/S Proraso menthol and eucalyptus.
  • I didn't realise until i gathered this morning shave kit that nearly everything i've used was green in colour.so it was a cool "green" refreshing start to the day.. the menthol scent from the proraso along with the eucalyptus oil, gave me a kick like a koala bear eating eucalyptus leaves!..as always though,the proraso was slick, and protective and provided me with 3 pass +pick up's effortless smooth shave with no errors to report.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
No picture today!

Pre: Shower and bloom
Soap: Wickhams 1912 Russian Leather(?) Unmarked sample
Razor: R41
Blade: Astra SP (1)
AS: Pinaud Clubman

No quite as smooth as yesterday but still no dramas. Still a close shave and my opinion on getting an R41 in the fullness of time haven't changed. I think I'm going to try my Futur on a slightly more aggressive setting and a comparison.

Last edited:
La Toja shave stick
Razorock Synthetic
R41
Sputnik (1)
Freshwood AS balm

Despite 3 days growth, the stick didn't want to rub off on my face with any great ease?

Same set up today, even though only shaving one day growth still a smooth and efficient shave. The stick seemed to rub off a little better today but nowhere as good as my vintage shave stick.

View attachment 21112 SOTD Thursday 6th October 2016. Greetings to one and all.

Prep..Shower
Pre..Bloom water
Soap..P&B Citra Royale
Brush..Shavemac "the blue one"
Razor..R41 with fat windrose
Blade..Astra SP #1
Post..Thayers lavender AF
AS..Fine platinum

My first use of this soap received from P&B yesterday and I must say its a great morning wake you up soap, it's really zingy with the lime with a lovely fresh cedarwood scent, and it's performance was as usual with all P&B soaps top notch.
It's also been about ten months since Iv'e used an R41 but it threw up no supprises, it was just as efficient as I remember it having been and with the Astra SP gave a very close and comfortable shave indeed .
Finnished off with a splash of lavender witch hazel shortly followed by the fantastic Fine platinum aftershave , good to go.

Wishing you all a tremendous Thursday . Over and out.

Just a quckie.:p Does the R41 head fit the ATT handles?

Back
Top Bottom