S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st October to Friday 7th October 2016

Sat 1st Oct
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
MWF
Schick I 1 Injector
Schick NOS Plat. [ 4- Sweden ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Fitted with a good blade , I find it very easy to get a smooth irritation free shave with this Razor.
Being fairly mild , it is possible to get the essential polishing strokes that are needed to attain a really close all round finish, with no discomfort. Think it would be great for those with a sensitive skin.

IMG_0894.jpg

qW8MlD8h.jpg

Folks, this is why I wet shave!

SOTD: 1st of October 2016.
Saturday's Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower:/ Wingman (JetFuel) multi-gel jetwash / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker 24C .
  • Blade:Ladas super stainless. (new)
  • Brush: Semogue 830.
  • Bloom water face wash.
  • Soap: Erasmic + 4 drops of Glycerin in the soap bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture/Gillette Sensitive Balm.
  • Aud 24 Hours EDP.
  • I've started the weekend off with a change of Razor brush& blade, I've also added a new addition to my shaving ritual, by making my own lavender witch hazel, basically i bought a bottle of bog standard witch hazel, and added 6 drops of essential lavender oil hey presto it works..for me anyway, an excellent post skin toner..back to the shave..another wonderful first tried out new blade & razor duo,the erasmic soap bowl once bloomed with hot water, provided me with a excellent lather for a 3 pass+ pick up's effortless shave, finishing it off with a few squirts of AUD 24 hours..wonderful stuff ;) to start the weekend.Enjoy you day,gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
image.jpg SOTD Saturday 1st October 2016. Good morning one and all.

Prep..Shower, MWF bath soap
Pre..Bloom water
Soap..OSP Barber shop
Brush..Shavemac "The blue one"
Razor..Gillette Fat boy 1960
Blade..Gillette Nacet #1
Post..Thayers lavender AF
EDT..David Beckham

A great Saturday morning shave, the fat boy + Nacet worked wonders.
Finnishing off with lavender WH and beckham (a present from my sister)

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, over and out.

SOTD: 1st of October 2016.
View attachment 21036
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower:/ Wingman (JetFuel) multi-gel jetwash / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker 22R .
  • Blade:Ladas super stainless. (new)
  • Brush: Semogue 830.
  • Bloom water face wash.
  • Soap: Erasmic + 4 drops of Glycerin in the soap bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture/Gillette Sensitive Balm.
  • Aud 24 Hours EDP.
  • I've started the weekend off with a change of Razor brush& blade, I've also added a new addition to my shaving ritual, by making my own lavender witch hazel, basically i bought a bottle of bog standard witch hazel, and added 6 drops of essential lavender oil hey presto it works..for me anyway, an excellent post skin toner..back to the shave..another wonderful first tried out new blade & razor duo,the erasmic soap bowl once bloomed with hot water, provided me with a excellent lather for a 3 pass+ pick up's effortless shave, finishing it off with a few squirts of AUD 24 hours..wonderful stuff ;) to start the weekend.Enjoy you day,gentlemen.:cool:
Good call on the home made witch hazel...well done ☺

20161001_105646.jpg
Morning/Evening all

Saturday's proceedings:

Clinique Men's Face Wash
Semogue 1470 boar
Haslinger Honig
Face lather
Gillette Fat Handle Tech (USA 1938-41)
Gillette Nacet #2
Alum block, Thayer's witch hazel and Proraso a/s
4711 Eau de Cologne
John Foxx Cathedral Oceans

As I suspected (and hoped), the Nacet performed beautifully in the Tech; being a tad more aggressive than the Merkur and English Techs. BBS and no irritation at all. These and the Astra SPs will be blades of choice for this weapon.

Really loving the Haslinger too; thick, slick and protective with a great post shave feel and smell. Dab or two of 4711 for a fleeting glimpse/nuance of neroli.

Have a great weekend, folks.
S.

Back
Top Bottom