S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st October to Friday 7th October 2016

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade – Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless
Brush - 'The Archduke' (Bob Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian)
Soap – Phoenix and Beau Unscented
Post - Witch Hazel

the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless is a touch too much with ‘The Rock'... not a blade that I can really relax with.... 'The Archduke' is just a wonderful brush.. it takes a little longer to load, due I guess to the gel (hooked) tips, but man, it's a real joy to throw around yer chops...

Pot of the day...

Mexican/Incan design pot that I keep my Haslinger Honey in...(Mexican honey is some of my favourite; I also am a big fan of Mexican killer honey bees:cool:)

Pre: Glyce soap / Proraso red pre-shave cream
Shave: Haslinger Honey / EJ89/Braveheart+Nacet / Cadman custom 'Burki Bell' Finest Badger
Post: Coal Tar wash / cold rinse + alum / Proraso green splash / Proraso Green balm

A very comfortable late evening shave:):)
shave.jpg

SOTD October 1
Route 66 Sweeney Todd
Culmak SM2 Brush
Millikin Stub Tail
Lucky Tiger
Ogallala Bay Rum
Happy Saturday!
f36be0596d55c77397cc3edb482d26ce.jpg

Pot of the day...

Mexican/Incan design pot that I keep my Haslinger Honey in...(Mexican honey is some of my favourite; I also am a big fan of Mexican killer honey bees:cool:)

Pre: Glyce soap / Proraso red pre-shave cream
Shave: Haslinger Honey / EJ89/Braveheart+Nacet / Cadman custom 'Burki Bell' Finest Badger
Post: Coal Tar wash / cold rinse + alum / Proraso green splash / Proraso Green balm

A very comfortable late evening shave:):)
View attachment 21046

Fantastic looking brush

SOTD: 2nd October 2016.
Sundays's Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.
  • Pre: warm shower:/ Wingman (JetFuel) multi-gel jetwash / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker 24C .
  • Blade:Ladas super stainless. (1)
  • Brush: Semogue 830.
  • Bloom water face wash.
  • Soap: Proraso Sandalwood + 4 drops of Glycerin in the soap bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture/Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling Post Balm.
  • A/S Davidoff CoolWater.
  • My batch of russian blades have excelled my shaving wonderfully, the Ladas is such a excellent smooth blade, i was only going to buy 10, but i push the boat out and purchased 40,.i'm really glad i did.;)..another nice easy silky smooth shave, which only required 2 passes+ pick-ups.I'm ready for what sunday has to offer.Enjoy you day, gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD: 2nd October 2016.
View attachment 21048
Shaving recipe for today.
  • Pre: warm shower:/ Wingman (JetFuel) multi-gel jetwash / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker 22R .
  • Blade:Ladas super stainless. (1)
  • Brush: Semogue 830.
  • Bloom water face wash.
  • Soap: Proraso Sandalwood + 4 drops of Glycerin in the soap bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture/Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling Post Balm.
  • A/S Davidoff CoolWater.
  • My batch of russian blades have excelled my shaving wonderfully, the Ladas is such a excellent smooth blade, i was only going to buy 10, but i push the boat out and purchased 40,.i'm really glad i did.;)..another nice easy silky smooth shave, which only required 2 passes+ pick-ups.I'm ready for what sunday has to offer.Enjoy you day, gentlemen.:cool:

Good choice with the after shave bud! ;)

Sun 2nd Oct
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
P & B Spitfire
Schick J3 Golden 500
Schick NOS Plat. [ 6-Sweden ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Myrsol Antesol A/S lotion

A Razor which for me provides a great Sunday Morning shave, I seem to reach for it when I am on an injector phase. Despite only taking single blade, I prefer it to the Schick Adjustable - maybe the looks and feel when shaving. Originally thought it was like waving a magic wand to make the whiskers disappear , the handle is quite long !

Probably the quality of Shave was assisted by the blade ,and the soap which provided great cushion and slickness . Am looking forward to comparing this NOS blade with a "Dutch Danglie", which is en route from a certain hoarder of Injector Blades who resides in Scotland ?, also coming is the fearsome E2, which I have not tried.

Enjoy the Rest of The Weekend- Sunday Roast today :) :), maybe a glass of wine too.

IMG_0895.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom