S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st October to Friday 7th October 2016

Greetings Mike

Yes I am working my way through my 'stuff', especially the razors I use less often, I still own half a dozen DE's and get a really nice shave out of most of them providing I stay with the gentler razor blades, ideally the carbon Treets, the super sharp stainless blades ie Feathers et al make my face sore.

Regards
Dick.
Hi Dick.
I find that Lab Blue & Polsilver work for me, but my DE are nearly all adjustable & I use a mild setting anyway.
Mike B

View attachment 21055
Pre: Shower and 100% Argan oil
Soap: @phoenixandbeau Spitfire
Razor: 1912 Ever Ready
Blade: GEM Stainless
AS: Pinaud Clubman

First outing with the 1912 or any SE to be fair. Thought Spitfire would be appropriate soap to accompany a razor from the British Empire :)

Totally blown away by the performance of this razor. Handles excellent even in the hands of a newbie. Soap brilliant! The shave felt so safe and comfortable, I think I might become an SE addict!
Great image, looks like a painting almost....SE ,DE ,Straights, we are all addicts otherwise we wouldn't be here! :)

Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Soap: I Coloniali
Bowl: Fine
Brush: BSB1 TI HMW
Razor: Blackbird
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Floid Genuine
Balm: I Coloniali
9CCCE75A-FBCF-4CED-BE82-6CDB61DCE0BD_zpsilrvwofb.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
Had my first shave with Ingram today:

Hot Towel, Ingram Shave Cream, Cadman 26mm Silvertip & Body Shop Synthetic, RazoRock Bazooka, Astra SS (1), Cold Towel, Alum

Not the greatest shave, ended up with a couple of pretty grim weepers, but on the plus side, the post shave is superb.
Great video Nick_s, however this one I haven't ordered!
Happy birthday to your daughter :)

Good Afternoon gents,

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal charcoal face wash.
Pre: Bloom water.
Razor: ATT Atlas R2
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Thater 4125/2
Soap: Saponifico Varesino Dolomiti

@Shave to the grave

First time using the R2. It preformed better than the R1, smoother and more efficient. I did have a few tender spots and a couple of tiny weepers but nothing to worry about. There was a fair amount of sting when using the Fine aftershave though. Not sure I would go for the H2 just yet.
So far the S2 is the clear winner compared to the R1, R2 and S1.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Cheers
Rob

Good Afternoon gents,

@Shave to the grave

First time using the R2. It preformed better than the R1, smoother and more efficient. I did have a few tender spots and a couple of tiny weepers but nothing to worry about. There was a fair amount of sting when using the Fine aftershave though.
So far the S2 is the clear winner compared to the R1, S1 and R2.

Cheers
Rob
I agree with your comment's, the R2 is fantastic but the S2 has the edge for how effectively it shave's, nice pic by the way :)

Good Afternoon gents,

@Shave to the grave

First time using the R2. It preformed better than the R1, smoother and more efficient. I did have a few tender spots and a couple of tiny weepers but nothing to worry about. There was a fair amount of sting when using the Fine aftershave though. Not sure I would go for the H2 just yet.
So far the S2 is the clear winner compared to the R1, R2 and S1.

Cheers
Rob
Maybe it's time to try a slant again...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom