S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st October to Friday 7th October 2016

image.jpg SOTD Friday 7th October 2016. Greetings to one and all.

Prep..Shower, MWF bath soap
Pre..Bloom water
Soap..OSP Barber Shop
Brush..Omega pro 49
Razor..Hone type 15a
Blade..Astra SP #2
Post..Thayers lavender AF
EDP..L'Aventure

Another wonderful shave was had today. The soap, blade and razor all working in perfect harmony
Finnished off with lavender witch hazel followed by a spay or two of this wonderful EDP to my pulse points and here and there!

Wishing you all a fabulous Friday. Over and out.

Last edited:
Cheers @Blademonkey . We had dinner at The Wolseley on Piccadilly. It was constructed in 1921 as a car showroom for Wolseley Motors and then served as a branch of Barclays Bank before being refurbished as a restaurant in the late 90's. Great looking place with excellent food and service. They also do a very nice afternoon tea. Worth a visit if you're in London, and there are several shaving shops just around the corner in Jermyn Street and St James ;)

My Dad had a Wolseley automatic saloon in the early 70's it was a lovely car with walnut dash and leather seats, and it had a overdrive switch so it could really shift!

I must get around to taking pictures. I just don't have the time, I'm already being chased out of the bathroom by the other half in the morning :).

Pre: Bulldog face wash and a shower.
Also Pre: Used a bit of TOBS Jermyn pre shave this morning as trying a new razor head
Soap: Phoenix and Beau: Albion
Razor: iKon B1 Deluxe open Comb
Blade: Day 2 Gillette Nacet
Post: Bulldog post shave balm (Trying to retain that Albion scent for as long as possible)

Fairly close shave today, the B1 Deluxe is nice better than the X3 anyway. Albion is always a treat, currently my #1 soap for fragrance / slide.

DeLuxe Rockers
Ikon X3_Voskhod
Doug Korn D7 Cobalt Blue
Extro Bay Rum AS

6b6953e86493af1d4a924c29165f427c.jpg

Regards

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Cracking photo !...@ronindug

Cheers @Blademonkey . We had dinner at The Wolseley on Piccadilly. It was constructed in 1921 as a car showroom for Wolseley Motors and then served as a branch of Barclays Bank before being refurbished as a restaurant in the late 90's. Great looking place with excellent food and service. They also do a very nice afternoon tea. Worth a visit if you're in London, and there are several shaving shops just around the corner in Jermyn Street and St James ;)
I recommend No. 89 Jermyn Street; the Floris HQ. I think Taylor of Old Bond Street's in Jermyn St. too.

Morning/Evening all...

Friday's proceedings:

Bulldog Face Wash
OSP Fougere Soap
Semogue 1470 boar
Face lather
1912 Ever Ready (Made in England)
Gem Personna SE #2
Alum, Thayer's Rose Petal, Proraso Green a/s
Brian Eno Another Green World

Harmony par excellence this morning. OSP Fougere giving lovely cushioning and protection for the Gem/1912 combo. The English one is the more aggressive shaver, compared to my US 1912 (not that the latter gives a poor shave, by any account; just that the blade gap between the comb/guard rail seems to be slightly greater in the English).

3 passes and a negligible touch up. Smooth and feeling good. Proraso Green A/S getting low; mercifully a replacement sits lurking.

I must get a 400ml bottle from Connaught...love the stuff.

Happy Friday everyone.

Stephen.
20161007_113401.jpg

Last edited:
Fri 7th Oct
Omega s10065 synthetic
De Vergulde Hand soap
PAL S/S Adjustable No 2
Schick "Chick " [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

A repeat shave with the PAL today, confirmed in my mind that though the E2 provides a similar
close shave, the Shave with the PAL is longer lasting, judging by smaller amount of whisker growth.
My last shave with PAL No2, as I am going to pass it on to James @Acer89 who is eagerly entering into the Injector World. No! I am not giving up on the PAL , which IMHO is superior to any of the Schicks that I have tried - still have some in reserve.

Needless to say , the Shave today was smooth, close and irritation free.:):)

IMG_0909.jpg

Back
Top Bottom