S.O.T.D Saturday 10th May to Friday 16th May 2014

FN4x55u.jpg

Village Barber Oil
iKon OSS
Super Iridium (not sure of the kind, I was given it as part of a selection)
Palmolive/Arko mix + Krampert's shave enhancer
Omega 20102
Homemade AS

Really good shave, but the Bay Rum addition to the Arko/Palmolive was, unsurprisingly, not the nicest combo.

Face wash with Pears soap
Dubl Duck special No.1
Semogue 2012 SEOC
Tabac Stick
Proraso Green A/S
Penhaligons Extract of Limes Cologne

Tabac tonight with my special No. 1 and very nice it was too.

Late night scrape ...

IMG_6118.JPG

Hot Towel
Erasmic Lather Shave Cream
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Ever Ready Streamline - Feather Hi-Stainless Platinum [5]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pinaud Clubman After Shave
Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme

Bowl Lathered
Three Pass - WTG, XTG & ATG

My first run with my own Streamline ...

Just gorgeous! All the sound of the lighter 1912s, that same efficient, smooth and comfortable shave, yet the heft, weight and assurance of a very fine razor. I do think the Streamline is worth it.

Again, very much enjoying Erasmic. Good lather, good smell, good performance.

I know it's a little indulgent to go to bed with an EDT on, but this is a new one to me and I want to know exactly what I smell when I wake up - this, for me, is the best test of whether I like an EDT.

It works well with the Pinaud Clubman After Shave and gives me all the noses I like in this, in Puig Quorum and in GFT Eucris. It's a scent I like, but I do want to see what my first waking impression is ... good, I'll wear it for the day tomorrow.

Gillette #58, Personna Barber
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Boot's Stick
Barbershop Bay Rum
Unrefined Shea Butter

Grand shave but weird little brush - never used anything like it in my 12 years of using shaving brushes and can hardly begin to describe it in use. But it worked and worked well. Cleaned up fast and dried quicker than mist in the Sahara.

Tall_Paul said:
dodgy said:
I was looking at three favorite razors to choose from this morning.

FOR THE LOVE OF PETE JUST STOP ENABLING!

Ahem

Well that made me laugh a little bit. Hell, I won't even try and deny it and yes, I was kinda typing in your general direction. That's not to say you'd be the only one to like how this magical F type shaves. Certainly anyone might appreciate trying something different in a good way than what they have ever experienced!

That'll teach you for continuing to refuse to test drive this thing. Glad to see the occasional slight references haven't gone unnoticed.

Mart

KOS Shave oil
Goodfella Black
Treet platinum
KOS ASB
Not bad at all only trouble is without any cream you can't see
Where you are been so some bits to get missed first time.
Still not as smooth as with the Hyperglide though.

Thursday xv May, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Dove Men+Care Revitalising Face Wash
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Coate's FitzWilliam
Cream: Erasmic Old Formulation
Razor: iKon 2pb
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless #2
Post: Kiehl's Blue Herbal Astringent Lotion, Kiehl's Ultimate ASB
Fragrance: Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Colonia

4f813766-96ce-49f7-8a1f-eb1ac2e57303_zps3c20d394.jpg

Result:Much smoother from the Ladas this morning, so maybe needs a run out for it to reach peak performance.

Have a nice day, gents.

Jon

Prep: Hot Shower
Razor: Mrekur Progress
Blade: Sputniks
Soap: J.Peterman 1903
A/S: Bluebeards Revenge/Razorock Aftershave Wax
Astrals Cream

Used the Progress after a while and it is still awesome with a new Sputnik.
BBS again with the Merkur Progress:icon_razz:

Greetings

Thursday 15th May 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Clog-pruf
Blade: Treet Carbon
Brush: Burma Shave Boar
Cream: Ingram
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: CK Obsession

As this half used tube of Ingram's has been lying around for two years I thought I had better use it. I can confirm that I really do not like applying anaesthetic cream to my face prior to shaving, I washed it off and finished shaving with Lea Cream.

The Ingrams is now in the bin where I should have put it a long while ago. I would say that Ingram cream performs well it is just the face numbing powerful menthol I dislike. Sorry Gairdner! :icon_rolleyes:

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0316.JPG

Thursday

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Proraso AS
DR Harris Windsor EdT

Great once again, top shaves all this week with the #15. There's a reason it's one of my favourite razors.

Thursday.

Hot water, and face cloth
Proraso Mentol and Eucalyptus
Wickhams South Sea Soap
Omega 49 Boar Brush
Braveheart razor head with Saxon Handle
Polsilver blade
Proraso balm

Got one of the best shaves I've had so far. Soap rich and creamy, and a brilliant finish.

dodgy said:
Well that made me laugh a little bit. Hell, I won't even try and deny it and yes, I was kinda typing in your general direction. That's not to say you'd be the only one to like how this magical F type shaves. Certainly anyone might appreciate trying something different in a good way than what they have ever experienced!

That'll teach you for continuing to refuse to test drive this thing. Glad to see the occasional slight references haven't gone unnoticed.

Mart

Just when my minkys are settling down you insist on getting that particular one a whoopin' and a hollerin'

Show some restraint for chrissakes.

Prep/pre: Hot shower, warm cloth, Almond oil
Hardware: Muhle R89, Omega 49
Software: Wickham Bay Rum, Personna Platinum Chrome (1)

No post-shave today, decided to experiment with as few variables/ingredients as possible so cutting out post shave alum/witch hazel for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom