S.O.T.D Saturday 10th May to Friday 16th May 2014

Wednesday

Palmolive soap
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

Same set up as yesterday (except the AS) and the same great results.

Warm towel
Midas custom silvertip
Bravehead /templ8 ss handle
Shark super chrome (1)
Trumpers coconut cream (bowl lathered)
Alum
4711 aftershave

All round decent shave. Surprised how good the blade was in the razor. Very impressed. Love the handle as well (thanks Iain)

Cold water splash
Palmolive Stick (grated)
Vulfix Grosvenor reknotted w/ TGN 2-band badger
ATT M1 Kronos
Personna Lab Blue (3)
Myrsol Emulsion
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 EdT

Excellent, close shave. BBS-, or is that DFS+ ?

Have a great evening everyone :)

Wednesday 14th May

SOTD14514_zps79331280.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Fitjar Frost Rose soap scuttle lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette New Improved Silver Made in England
Personna Lab Blue (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lemon witch hazel
Rose of Bulgaria aftershave
GFT Ajaccio Violets Cologne

Shower
Weber Bulldog (maiden shave!)
Sputnik [1]
Omega 10810
Arko Stick face lathered

Wow, these Weber's BITE! Much more aggressive that I imagined, but what a weapon it is! 1st pass not as close as the 37c, but after 2nd pass they are on a par.
Cracking razor :)

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded butterscotch Simpsons best
Schick F type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
RL Safari SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
RL 'Safari' EdT (vintage juice)

I was looking at three favorite razors to choose from this morning. There's the Webly, the Executive, and what I once again ended up using...this goofy aluminum handle injector. I get on a jag with that thing and can't seem to break the spell. Probably my 6th or 7th shave with this sharp old blade and still going strong. What a crazy thing to pick, out of everything else available in the arsenal. I definitely need a back up.

Saw one that recently sold for $55, although no telling how high the winner was gonna bid if needed. Without a doubt one of the biggest surprises when it comes to a great fit. Looks so aggressive but it ain't.

BBS results,

Martin

Today shaving like dad.

Over the sink,

Brush: Turkish No.6
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist NOS
Blade: Edison Stainless (1)
Shaving cream: Henckel Sod Shaving Cream
AS: Aqua Velva ice blue

This Israeli old school cream is really nice, clean tobacco scent and not too bad lather.
The blade is also a very old Israeli brand Edison now made by Personna in Israel, I might pop a couple in the blades Pif when and where.
Blade is similar to other uncoated Personnas from the same factory, not too smooth but sharp as hell.

IMG_20140514_200925_676.jpg

Today's Shave

ikon Deluxe OC
Feather Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
MWF
Old Spice Champion Aftershave splash

Result BSS WTG

Interesting razor that, modern but with...how shall I put this?........"A few.....er...... vintage........twists" it'll take a little adjustment due to the handle being heavy, but I'm happy with it :D:D

dodgy said:
I was looking at three favorite razors to choose from this morning. There's the Webly, the Executive, and what I once again ended up using...this goofy aluminum handle injector. I get on a jag with that thing and can't seem to break the spell. Probably my 6th or 7th shave with this sharp old blade and still going strong. What a crazy thing to pick, out of everything else available in the arsenal. I definitely need a back up.

Saw one that recently sold for $55, although no telling how high the winner was gonna bid if needed. Without a doubt one of the biggest surprises when it comes to a great fit. Looks so aggressive but it ain't.

BBS results,

FOR THE LOVE OF PETE JUST STOP ENABLING!

Ahem

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Pre: Hot rinse
Cream: Simpsons Peppermint & Rosemary - bowl lathered
Brush: Simpsons Butterscotch Duke 3 in best
Razor: English Gillette long comb New OC
Blade: Gillette Superthin

Everyone should have a go with a New. Effortless shaves every time.

Back
Top Bottom