S.O.T.D Saturday 10th May to Friday 16th May 2014

Friday 16th May

SOTD16514_zps12b7af3d.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Catie's Bubbles Fouet L'Orange bowl lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette New Improved Silver (Made in England)
Personna Lab Blue (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lemon witch hazel
Myrsol Antesol aftershave

Friday 05-16-14. MUSIC: Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express (1977).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcK_xHGbp74[/video]

7ab0a71d-d731-4a1f-a57c-bbb1022d7b90_zps7dcad7ee.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream TOBS Avocado - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Korres - ASL Grey Flannel.

Friday

Afternoon, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Sputnik (7)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Flint
Aftershave: Ice Dive
Cologne: C&S Citrus Paradisi

Although the Sputnik tugged a little roughly, it gave an irritation-free BBS.

Cold water splash
Speick Stick (grated)
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
ATT Atlas M2
Astra SP (1)
Speick ASB
Speick EdT

Maiden voyage for the Atlas M2. I wasn't sure what to expect from my first open comb, so I loaded a new Astra SP to keep it on the safe side, but was pleasantly surprised with a very smooth shave. In fact, I feel I could have used a slightly sharper blade. It's early days of course, so a few more shaves are needed to reach a definite verdict, but so far so good.

Friday Night

DSC05614.JPG

Hot Towel
Rolls Razor Shaving Soap (Vintage)
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Clemak Safety Razor - GEM Super Stainless [2]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Bowl Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

Not a great shave, but good enough. I think this razor is one which has a specific angle which I got here and there, but in the main I'm still to find. In the end, the razor itself is simply a frame for the blade. I'm left with a smooth enough face, but know I'll be in need of a "known good" shave tomorrow night.

So, while it was not especially good, it was not especially bad ... one to work with and find the right angle.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to find that the Rolls Razor vintage soap is probably my best performer. The way it blooms into lather, thick lather is just sumptuous.

DSC05617.JPG
DSC05618.JPG

Shower, after a 35mile ride home from work, so was well deserved.
Palmolive stick, face lathered
Omega 10810
Weber Bulldog
Polsilver SI [1]
Now we're talking, what a difference a blade makes! Whilst the Weber was happy enough with the Sputnik, the Polsilver has smoothed things out substantially.
What a cracking shave!

Prep: LABS Face Scrub
Razor: ATT Atlas R2
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush Gecko Stumpy Walnut 2-Band
Soap: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Floid Blue

First use of this soap, nice scent and lather. This one will replace my VITOS when it runs out shortly.

First use of the ATT R2, i was going to buy the H2, but Connaught didn't have any left. A lovely smooth shave, not massively aggressive, probably some where in the middle.

I'll use this for a while, but i can see me still buying a H2 plate at some point.

I'm pleased with both of these purchases :D

T&H Sandalwood cream, face lathered
TOBS Pure Badger travel brush
Merkur 15c
Polsilver SI (2)
Cold rinse, witch hazel
Old Spice
T&H Sandalwood balm
Kouros to follow just before I head out the door shortly.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: Wickhams Master Lather unscented sample + Bay Rum fragrance oil
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Omega boar 10005
Razor: Gillette Guard cartridge (2)
After: Barbershop Bay Rum, Coral skin food

Bit of an experiment this morning making my own Bay Rum version from Fox's wonderful Master Lather. I only added a few drops of fragrance oil to the lather so it was very mild (in case I had a skin reaction) and the scent was a bit artificial. Needless to say, leave it to the professionals. Might try it a bit stronger tomorrow.

Second shave with this Guard cartridge. As it's a single blader and I'm doing 3 passes I reckon that's equivalent to 3 shaves with a DE blade, so I'll bin this cartridge now. My view of this razor is that it gives a pretty nice DFS bordering on BBS and is handy if you can't travel with a DE blade. It's was fun having a few days with it but any more than that would get boring.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

SOTD140516_zps8167d437.jpg

Molton Brown soap
Wickham southsea spray
Semogue BC Cerda
Feather AS D2
Gillette Silver blue
Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Thayers original

First time with a silver blue and found it to be quite smooth and sharp. Probably the best Gillette blade I've tried. However, I have been left with some irritation but I'm putting that down to the cold water shave as I was in a bit of rush.

Back
Top Bottom