S.O.T.D Sat. 5th Oct. to Frid. 11th Oct.2013

pjgh said:
...I looked in on Superdrug today and realised I could have a tube of Ingram's a lot cheaper than I just bought off eBay, bagged a tube of Palmolive (horrible!) ...

Palmolive cream, horrible you say? Surely not. You can't have had time to try it yet.
It's a fairly plain scent, just clean smell, like Palmolive really, but performs really well.

Monday vii October, 2013

Prep: Shower, Kiehl's Energizing Facial Wash
Pre: Proraso White Pre & Post
Brush: Vintage Ever Ready w. new Black Badger knot
Cream: Proraso Red
Razor: Digress HD
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver Stainless

Result: Nice, very nice. The SO is due today, but no twinges or signs, so on tenterhooks. A relaxing shave always eases away stress, I find.

Have a good day, gents

Jon

Monday

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
Ikon Slant
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Proraso AS

Back to work after a week of holiday so back to the early morning shaves. A very quick shave with very nice results.

Monday morning shave:

Cadman & Sons Bengall 13/16"
Simpsons Chubby 2, Best Badger
D.R. Harris Marlborough, soap
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5" Latigo Leather
D.R. Harris Marlborough ASL
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

We have a relative cold October (for Athens standards) with temperatures between 10-20 degrees Celsious. A chance for early start of winter scents! So it was a Marlborough day and I had a fantastic shave. Very clean result.

%25CE%2591%25CE%25BD%25CF%2584%25CE%25AF%25CE%25B3%25CF%2581%25CE%25B1%25CF%2586%25CE%25BF+%25CE%25B1%25CF%2580%25CF%258C+SOTD-7-10-203-2..JPG

Monday 7th October 2013

Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM 1912 Damaskeene (late model)
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Tabac Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Superb shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04699.JPG

pjgh said:
I tend to shave in the evenings, so longevity of scent is not high on my list - I like a good scent, but it doesn't matter if it's gone by bed time. Cologne in the morning ...

I looked in on Superdrug today and realised I could have a tube of Ingram's a lot cheaper than I just bought off eBay, bagged a tube of Palmolive (horrible!) and considered the aftershave(s), but passed up on them and spend my £2.50 on a good breed burger in town at the food fair.

The burger was good, but I wish I'd punted loose change on an aftershave.

Tonight ...

Music was the incredible Leonard Cohen 'Songs of ...' album, on vinyl. Lovely.

Drink? Duvel.

IMG_3160.JPG

Pre-shave was a good wash, hot rinse and then a lengthy massage with Billy Jealousy White Knight*. Rinse off, then Nuage Men Shaving Oil.
Ingram's Shaving Cream. Unbranded Pure Badger brush.
Merkur 23C (the RWD of shavers!) loaded with a PolSilver Super Iridium.
Hot rinse ... Cold rinse and massage.
Witch Hazel to tone.
Logical Skincare Recipe for Me Facial Moisturiser*.

* Samples supplied by http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk

In all, a very nice shave removing just one day of stubble. Kept nice and light, concentrating more on the pre and post-shave treatments I got the closest yet to a BBS. Fourth, or fifth DE shave now. It just keeps getting better. That, and my love of Ingram's gets stronger.

Cheers, all.

Exquisite taste in beer.

Monday 7 Oct 2013

Hello chaps,

Prep: Nivea face scrub
Razor: Fat-handled Tech (slotted head)
Blade: Gillette Yellow (1)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

Quick three-pass shave before work. Everything as it should be with 10-15 minutes of Zen-like concentration. No dramas, no buffing. DFS.

Monday:

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: 7 o'clock green (3)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Erasmic new
A/S: Forest Fresh

Prep: Cold water
Soap: D R Harris Windsor
Brush: Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Razor: Weber POL
Blade: Astra SP (1)
EdT: D R Harris Windsor

Funny how you can ignore a particular blade for a while, only to come back to it months later to realise it gives you as good, if not a better shave than all the others.

Monday afternoon

Prep: Shower, Cold water splash
Soap: Edelcream Italian eucalyptus shave cream
Brush: JEC Custom handle, 26mm TGN silvertip knot.
Razor: Weber polished on JEC handle
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
EdT: Penhaligons Racquets

Good cold water shave. No irritation, and close comfortable DFS. Neck shaved much closer than normal (hot) shave, and only one weeper. I think cold water shaving suits me quiet well. I do like the Edelcream/menthol splash combo, a refreshing shave indeed!

Back
Top Bottom