Palmolive Shaving Stick

I use grated down Palmolive Shave sticks in a ceramic bowl from Asda,i find adding 4-5 drops of Glycerin to my mixing bowl i get a wonderful lather and great slickness, i actually like the scent, childhood memories, i suppose my grated down palmolive sticks are in regular rotation with my other soaps and creams...and at 50p each great value if your just starting out in the DE shaving world.

I couldn't shave with this soap every day because the scent is too boring, but I could easily shave with it a couple of times per week as part of a varried rotation, for that reason I'll be stocking up on the sticks just in case they do vanish from the shelves.

I saw they were back in our local Asda on the weekend at 49p each, I had 3 and have pressed them into a ceramic bowl I had laying around :)

Another one here who finds the soap brings back some good childhood memories, a bit like the old spice aftershave :)

What's the deal with pushing them into a bowl? Use a stick as its intended? Find the face rubbing and building a lather straight on the face a nice break from a bowl.

I find I get a more 'reliable' lather on the brush if I load the brush with soap out the bowl rather than trying to smear it on my face :)

I'm interested in trying the smear in a bowl technique, I use a stick when I'm travelling and don't always get the amount of soap on my face right, which can result in the razor being clogged with excess soap after the first pass..

I find I get a more 'reliable' lather on the brush if I load the brush with soap out the bowl rather than trying to smear it on my face :)

I'm interested in trying the smear in a bowl technique, I use a stick when I'm travelling and don't always get the amount of soap on my face right, which can result in the razor being clogged with excess soap after the first pass..

More water is needed

It is a good shaver stick with a great fougere scent.It is not the best but i like it.
I also prefer the previous version from around 2000 etc...It's scent is similar but a alittle more refined than the last formulation.

It is a good shaver stick with a great fougere scent.It is not the best but i like it.
I also prefer the previous version from around 2000 etc...It's scent is similar but a alittle more refined than the last formulation.
I cannot remember that the old version (when it was still sold in the Netherlands) was very different from the current version. Strangely, the current soap is sold in Germany and Belgium, but not in Holland.

Back
Top Bottom