Palmolive Shaving Stick

Tried Palmolive
Is it good value? Hell yes.
Would I buy it again? Probably not, I'd rather pay the extra for that last bit of performance.

I am on the same page. It does the job at an insanely low price. I just want a bit more of luxury.
Strangely i prefer palmolive cream ocer the stick by a huge margin.

It s just a personal preference though.

Sent from Mars

Boots stick is just so-so in my view. However, worth it just for the packaging, which I have re-purposed as a container for my Palmolive for travel purposes (although having done so, I don't travel that much, and when I have travelled recently, I have had luggage in the hold).

I did get through a tub of Boots soap a few years back. At the time I thought it was great. Perhaps I would think differently now I have experienced the joys of Haslinger. It's about time for me to give the Palmolive another run. It's not like it is overly expensive.

The Boots stick is a moss fragrant which I didn't like in my 30's ,reminded me of unwashed pits laced with cumin powder. Now in my advancing 40's I like it, smell manly enough.

The performance is top drawer and it's actually softer than the green 50p job.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

I didn't mean to start a new debate between Palmolive and Boots sticks. (by the way in my previous post, it was supposed to be 'Boots shave sticks are not BAD either, worths a try. but I forgot to write 'bad' so I apologise but you guys understood what I mean)
The good thing about this wet-shaving hobby is; some of the stuff are affordable and inexpensive, for example you want to try Palmolive stick? there you go 50p, You want to try Boots stick? here you are £1.75, you want to try Arko? £1 something including postage..

what I mean is that erasmic, Palmolive, "boots" are all better shave products then easily anything labeled artisan from America.. And you guys give these great products the same place that Dickens gave red headed irish stepsons in a novel.

what I mean is that erasmic, Palmolive, "boots" are all better shave products then easily anything labeled artisan from America.. And you guys give these great products the same place that Dickens gave red headed irish stepsons in a novel.

There's an element of cultural cringe going on here. Often we're captivated by what is less easily available, or is delivered from afar. Hence Americans admire the humble Palmolive stick, whereas Brits often fancy the excellent selection of US artisan products.

I have a sense that I am going through a retraction phase after an expansion phase when it comes to soaps. I have found a few that really float my boat, and I can see myself working through a lot of my other existing stock but not replacing them. That said, at 70p or thereabouts for a Palmolive stick and excellent performance from it, it's hard not to find a space for it. Right now, I am rocking the Haslinger Sea Algae very hard, and would happily shave with this alone forever. TOBS and Maca Root would stay on the shelf, and everything else would not be overly missed. I do like the reviews of the OSP soaps though.

I find the Palmolive stick being very average performance-wise; however, considering the price (around 50p) it's likely the best value for money. The Erasmic and Boots sticks didn't do it for me.

Nonetheless, I would personally upgrade for a few extra pounds or pences to get a better feeling or ease to lather (with the Erasmic puck for example or a Real Shaving Company cream).

I find the Palmolive stick being very average performance-wise...

Nonetheless, I would personally upgrade for a few extra pounds or pences to get a better feeling or ease to lather...

That's odd as usually one never sees someone complain about the Palmolive stick's performance. The smell, yes. It has a very traditional soapy smell that some do not like, for sure. Are you soaking the tip in hot water before using? That helps in ease of application. Also, with shave sticks it's easy to either apply too little or too much to the face. Finally, IMO soaps work far better with synthetic & boar brushes.

I get the same level of performance with a Palmolive stick as with soaps costing far more. Give it another try. Peut-être, il est l'homme de charger le fusil. ;)

Believe me I tried, the Palmolive stick is OK, but I get much better results with Arko for instance or the Erasmic puck, even the cheap French Monsavon (around 1,5 €)

Peut-être, il est l'homme de charger le fusil.
Is it a direct translation from English? I appreciate your effort, but it doesn't really make sense...
I understand more or less something like this: "Perhaps, it's the man to load the rifle":)
You mean "it's because of the way the man load his rifle" or "he has to change his way"?

Back
Top Bottom