Palmolive Shaving Stick

I picked up a stick of Palmolive while in the UK last month. I really enjoyed the performance and even got into the scent. For the price it's outstanding. I'm going to keep it in my travel bag without hesitation.

Believe me I tried, the Palmolive stick is OK, but I get much better results with Arko for instance or the Erasmic puck, even the cheap French Monsavon (around 1,5 €)

Peut-être, il est l'homme de charger le fusil.
Is it a direct translation from English? I appreciate your effort, but it doesn't really make sense...
I understand more or less something like this: "Perhaps, it's the man to load the rifle":)
You mean "it's because of the way the man load his rifle" or "he has to change his way"?

What I meant was that I think you are blaming the "weapon" when the problem is the person using the weapon. What I find amazing is that for me Palmolive works just as well and easily as Arko. Give the Palmolive another try. It's really a great soap.

Now if I could just get my hands on some of that French shave soap that sells so cheaply in pharmacies there and comes in a bowl. I forget the name. :confused:

Now if I could just get my hands on some of that French shave soap that sells so cheaply in pharmacies there and comes in a bowl. I forget the name. :confused:

Do you mean Savon du midi Santal? I may be in France next week. If that's what you are looking for, let me know. I'll keep an eye out and pick up a spare as I am hoping to get hold of some.

Ah, I think that was actually the one I had read about. I got confused googling for "French shaving soap". Anyway, I'll be getting a couple extra if I find it.

EDIT - It's ridiculously expensive outside of France cf in France.

Last edited:
I also find Palmolive a great shave soap. Now that there are moves to lift the 20 year ban on British beef in the US as the risk from bovine spongiform encephalopathy has receded - and therefore I assume the risk of contracting Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease - hopefully Palmolive shave sticks can be sold in the US at a more reasonable cost. I wonder if a lifting of the ban would allow for the re-formulation of some of the English soaps to their original tallow formulation.

Ah, I think that was actually the one I had read about. I got confused googling for "French shaving soap". Anyway, I'll be getting a couple extra if I find it.

EDIT - It's ridiculously expensive outside of France cf in France.

You can find the Monsavon in nearly any decent supermarket in France from 1 to 1,5 €. If I were you, at that price, I would buy lots of it, because you can mix it with essential oil in order to create new scented soap. There are recipes on French fora about it. It's a tallow based soap.

I also find Palmolive a great shave soap. Now that there are moves to lift the 20 year ban on British beef in the US as the risk from bovine spongiform encephalopathy has receded - and therefore I assume the risk of contracting Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease - hopefully Palmolive shave sticks can be sold in the US at a more reasonable cost. I wonder if a lifting of the ban would allow for the re-formulation of some of the English soaps to their original tallow formulation.

Greetings

Nil deperandum! It's not too late; you haven't lost the chance of contracting CJD you can still shop via e-bay and get some of Blue's Soap from China, that might do the trick!:D

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom