Palmolive Shaving Stick

Quite off the topic but here in the UK, with Palmolive stick we have Palmolive cream which is another great Shaving cream. I know in other European countries they have the Menthol and Sensitive versions as well but here you can find Palmolive stick and cream in most shops.

Gentleman, I resisted today in Tesco.

The green sticks are down to 13p each and no takers for a large pile. I even managed to resist the Wilki brush now down to £1.07!!

03d127dd74c25c8909d81c031f79eadd.jpg

Last edited:
Gentleman, I resisted today in Tesco.

The green sticks are down to 13p each and no takers for a large pile. I even managed to resist the Wilki brush now down to £1.07!!

Wow. I checked my local Tesco last week and although they don't stock Palmolive soap, the Wilky brushes and "blue-bowl" soap were both full price.

I like use sticks but just when traveling and last summer I bought one of these in Germany. Not bad. I think, notwithstanding that these boring soaps altogether with cheap boar brushes and ugly razors push many people out of wet shaving. Thanks to new contenders things are far better than in the 80's and 90's, at least from what I know. The Palmolive stick ingredients are almost the same than Lea one. They both are so boring that I'd prefer a beard rather than use them every day with a cheap boar brush and a Tech... Not for me. I take shave too seriously. [emoji4] [emoji125] [emoji125] [emoji125]

Here are the current ingredients:

Here are the ingredients off one of my older German sticks pictured in post #19 in this thread:

Last edited:
I'm surprised by the Sodium Laureth Sulfate, no matter how trace. I ditched this two years ago and I believe it's the reason my skin has never been better than it is now. Does it lather any differently?

I used the Palmolive stick today again and I had just a great shave, no its not the best shaving soap. But its offers the most value for money and offers good protection, just not as creamy as some other soaps I have tried.

If I had to do this over I would have stuck with one razor (the Krona), one brush, one soap & 100 top shelf blades. Then I would have discontinued my Internet service. :rolleyes: ;)

Back
Top Bottom