Merkur Progress "Digress"

I can only re-emphasise what I have posted on this thread before. It is a great shaving machine, feels fantastic and looks superb. Mantic59 cites the Progress (so the same business end) as his "go to" razor, which, for someone who has used more razors than most of us, is not to be dismissed. I have two - one that resides permanently in my travel kit and one in my home get up. I absolutely love them. True classics. And that Digress dial provides a wonderful similar look to the Rubberset 400 brush handles...

Go for it.

Jon

Afraid not PhilD, the shorter handled versions are £6 cheapere than the long, ie £89 as opposed to £95.
Just to let you all know as well, that the long handle (XL) is also now available in brass and will be available through the website shortly. Both as a brand new and complete razor, or as a retrofit.

JDS: Thanks for your kind comments :) There may well be an addition to the set shortly, by way of a matching brush. Just trying to figure out which knot and sizes/lofts etc. But this is only a thought at the moment and may not actually happen. Will let you all know through the forum if and when it happens.

joegress said:
JDS: Thanks for your kind comments :) There may well be an addition to the set shortly, by way of a matching brush. Just trying to figure out which knot and sizes/lofts etc. But this is only a thought at the moment and may not actually happen. Will let you all know through the forum if and when it happens.

Oh no. Why do you have to do this to us?

Jon

joegress said:
Afraid not PhilD, the shorter handled versions are £6 cheapere than the long, ie £89 as opposed to £95.
Just to let you all know as well, that the long handle (XL) is also now available in brass and will be available through the website shortly. Both as a brand new and complete razor, or as a retrofit.

Thanks for the info, joegress, the razors look superb.

Just arrived in the post, and awaiting a new knot..........

Made with 24mm knot hole, I am awaiting a 24mm Silvertip....

Comments please chaps!

photo1_zps301efdb1.jpg

photo22_zps7f701b88.jpg

photo3_zps64b64330.jpg

Pictured with Chubby 2 for size comparisons...

My only comment is can I have one in brass? My brass digress is aging very elegantly and I'd love the opportunity to add a brass brush handle to my toys.

Perfect, Cyril! The best possible accompaniment to a Digress razor but as the others have said, I'll has mine in braaaaaaass.

Back
Top Bottom