Merkur Progress "Digress"

I think I'm going to have my long handle Progress Digressed next month but just can't decide on which version yet anyone have any suggestions and reasons for each type?

Well I don't really have a lot to compare with seeing as this is (was) my first razor!

I looked at the Digress first and it was nice. Then I had a look at the Progress.

I know there's a fair bit dosh in between them both but I put the Progress down straight away and picked the Digress again.

Not sure if that was the best thing to do but it felt right and was a lot more chunky and heavier.

I really couldn't say that it was unbalanced. Hope this helps a bit.

Sure Ian at the Gentleman's groom Room can give a lot more accurate advice then me!!

Did you go in to buy it! Are you local to Dundee?

There are already a couple of us from the area meeting once in a while for a coffee and to swap bits and Bobs. Mike has not made it yet, but SM304 and Taypsie (along with myself) have.

The Digress is a belter. I have just put one up on the Pass around for people to try risk free.

As a first razor, you don't need another.

But you WILL buy more!

Regards,

Cyril

Wha burst the ba said:
Well I don't really have a lot to compare with seeing as this is (was) my first razor!

I looked at the Digress first and it was nice. Then I had a look at the Progress.

I know there's a fair bit dosh in between them both but I put the Progress down straight away and picked the Digress again.

Not sure if that was the best thing to do but it felt right and was a lot more chunky and heavier.

I really couldn't say that it was unbalanced. Hope this helps a bit.

Sure Ian at the Gentleman's groom Room can give a lot more accurate advice then me!!

This is the pass around Digress and today was the first time I've face shaved with it. I did use it to head shave at the weekend, a job at which it excelled at. Face shave wise it's great, lovely balance and nice and weighty so there's no temptation to add any pressure! I set it to 3 and the resultant shave is nice and smooth BBS all over :) I'm very tempted.....

Hippo said:
This is the pass around Digress and today was the first time I've face shaved with it. I did use it to head shave at the weekend, a job at which it excelled at. Face shave wise it's great, lovely balance and nice and weighty so there's no temptation to add any pressure! I set it to 3 and the resultant shave is nice and smooth BBS all over :) I'm very tempted.....

Great photo!

A couple of questions to all regarding the Digress. I'm new to this whole wet shaving thing but am very much enamoured by the sheer beauty of this razor. I find it odd to be so taken by what is basically a device to scrape a scalpel across my face prior to my having my first cup of coffee but there it is.

First, can I purchase one and have it sent me here in Anchorage Alaska? I know Scotland is the birthplace of all proper fly fishing but I'm hopeful the fact we fly fish here as well won't be held against me. Second, I am thinking about the short handled version with the brass knob and wondered if anyone could comment on the effect the modification has on the razors balance? I see where the brass is a tad heavier than the stainless but I really like its appearance.

Thanks all,

Wolf

As I told Ian in an e-mail I'm an American Idiot. All I have to do is buy one off his website like any other purchase I might make here in Alaska. I can use my regular CC and everything.

Don't wanna be an American Idiot!

But I've blown it for the night.

Wolf said:
As I told Ian in an e-mail I'm an American Idiot. All I have to do is buy one off his website like any other purchase I might make here in Alaska. I can use my regular CC and everything.

Don't wanna be an American Idiot!

But I've blown it for the night.

Hey, don't beat yourself up too bad. Most Americans wouldn't even know that Scotland was part of the UK (for now anyway!) so well done!

Re: RE: Merkur Progress "Digress"

mpf9ret said:
At your peril, check out the website.
I am trying to work out how to get one, without telling my wife.

Get it delivered to your work address.

When she sees it just tell her you have had it for ages.

That's where I picked it up from.

I lost count of the times I came across another pair of 'old' shoes or an 'old' outfit.

Play them at their own game!

MrK1 said:
That's where I picked it up from.

I lost count of the times I came across another pair of 'old' shoes or an 'old' outfit.

Play them at their own game!

Of course the other great one is, "Yes, picked it up in the sales, was great value at only £10!" (imagine, a Digress for £10... LOL :icon_razz:)

Back
Top Bottom