Merkur Progress "Digress"

Dr Dulcamara said:
This is alu or stainless?
Measures and weight please.

35mm across the base, 28mm across the top, 58mm height in stainless steel weighing 106g.

All measurements are approximate as this is an artisan product.......

It's my fortieth next April and a brass knob Digress would be wonderful! Time to start dropping the hints.....

Wonder if they'd all spring for a matching brush too.

Hairsuite said:
Dr Dulcamara said:
This is alu or stainless?
Measures and weight please.

35mm across the base, 28mm across the top, 58mm height in stainless steel weighing 106g.

All measurements are approximate as this is an artisan product.......

Wow, 58 mm height makes a big handle. Very nice. Thanks, friend. Enjoy it! It is a beautiful design! I think joegress has made a very nice design with the knob of the digress and with this brush handle. I like them.

My apologies Dr, it is Aluminium, not stainless as first stated.... Stainless would be MUCH heavier!

Still a nice handle, cannot wait for the knot to arrive!!

Yep.

"The Gentleman's Groom Room website just had a little hickup due to a our previous hosting company. This has caused our website to go down, currently we have a team of web developers working on the finishing touches of our new website and hope to have it up in about 2 weeks time.

Sorry for any inconvenience this disruption may cause. Meantime if your require any information not displayed please give us a call at the store on 01382 801504. We thank you for your understanding. We are sure that our customers will enjoy using the new site when completed as it will feature some exciting new features."

As Exapno has posted there have been some problems with the hosting.
Basically the servers have been bought over by a new hosting company and they have decided that all previous sites have to be re-written to suit their own whatever it is. These things are over my head so please excuse my ignorance. It was quicker and easier to find a new hosting company and re-write the site, while at the same time updating it and adding some new features and functionality.
If you are needing to order anything please contact Ian at The Groom Room on 01382 801504, I am sure he will be pleased to hear from you. If there are any questions I can help you with please feel free to ask, if I can't help directly I will do my best to get the answers you need.

Joe

ps, all handles are now in stock. Brass, aluminium and stainless in the long and short versions, don't know if Ian managed to get the XL brass on The Groom Room website before it crashed so if you would like a pic posted in here please just ask.

jb74 said:
Forgive my ignorance.. but what is a Digress? Piecing bits together I'm guessing it's some sort of custom modified Merkur Progress?

Yes indeedy - the mod gets rid of the nasty plastic knob, and replaces it with a real bit of class - just gorgeous!

digress.png

Nice, thanks.

I tried visiting the site but also noticed it was down. Can anyone tell me how much were talking here? Do you send in your razor for mod, or do they sell the razors with mod?

jb74 said:
Nice, thanks.

I tried visiting the site but also noticed it was down. Can anyone tell me how much were talking here? Do you send in your razor for mod, or do they sell the razors with mod?

From memory, the mod costs £55, or you can buy a 'turn key' version for around £90... I think they are launching their new web site in a matter of weeks - could be wrong though?

Back
Top Bottom