What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great scent nice buy mate

Cheers, mate ............ I managed to get a couple of new 100ml 'Parfums Corp' bottles of Kouros EDT last week too ......... They set me back a little more, but it was worth it just to get that particular vintage of 'animal-in-a-bottle'.

I've stopped buying vintage razors..... I thought I'd stick to Stainless as collecting them isn't as frantic ...... then got caught up having an 80's revival with my fragrances ....... That can get expensive if you're too impulsive. That Paco Rabanne was a bloody bargain though ;-)

Cheers, mate ............ I managed to get a couple of new 100ml 'Parfums Corp' bottles of Kouros EDT last week too ......... They set me back a little more, but it was worth it just to get that particular vintage of 'animal-in-a-bottle'.

I've stopped buying vintage razors..... I thought I'd stick to Stainless as collecting them isn't as frantic ...... then got caught up having an 80's revival with my fragrances ....... That can get expensive if you're too impulsive. That Paco Rabanne was a bloody bargain though ;-)

I'm going through the same channels, just add in brushes to the fragrance disorder. I'm all over some classic cartier currently great stuff!

I'm sure a number of you caught on to the big lather-catcher sale on eBay this week by rasory27 there. Some VERY nice and often rare razors sold..some had no bids and some just a few. I think the beautiful, early Kampfe Bros got the most attention.

There were 2-3 of them I was interested in but in the end I honed in on the one I wanted the most - and lucky for me, very few others cared about it :)

I was very tempted by that one, it's a fantastic looking razor. Enjoy!

That was quite a score to lose your ebay virginity Electrif. 1912's and Techs are fantastic razors but I'm still getting used to my Featherweight, just something amiss compared to my other SE's.

Ok, I'm very much not an expert as far as Gillette comes...and I'm not even a huge fan of their Fatboys...but...the 'collector' in me couldn't resist picking this up for 70-something dollars w/ free shipping. It is supposedly NIB with all the original papers and well, it looks as good as one that you have re-plated. So hopefully I didn't do too badly.

64dk53.jpg

It even comes with that little paper strip/label, the instruction book, etc
2wnqlo8.jpg

2ezs26t.jpg

that looks a steal DB! I got mine for a bargain £50, cased with blades, but it doesn't like as good as that! Congrats...

Thanks!
We'll see how it looks in person. People have a funny way of describing things as 'never been used' but when it comes down to it one might find soap residue all over it :)
In this case I'm actually rather hopeful that it will be in nice shape.

Picked up this wood case with glass window.
Intended for pen collections...but I got the specs of it and it should also work really well to hold my small straight razor collection that is currently scattered over a couple of shelves :)

2emihz6.jpg

2u5uskj.jpg

I am awaiting this....
KhPs0YM.jpg

Even the velvet lining doesn't look too bad!,but on to the razor,which on slightly closer inspection,looks like this...
WCT7jCW.jpg

Have you noticed what is different with that handle yet?...
With an Empire case like this...
lX7104k.jpg

Seeing as it is a hinged case,and the back looks like this...
698Nm0f.jpg

I would say,as there is no knurling on the handles 'ball',and it looks like the more thicker,solid handle of the two that were produced,it could well be a VERY early (1907-1909),and quite rare,Canadian Pocket Edition,but then again.....
It may well not be...:(
Oh well!,it was worth a punt for £18.99....
I will still enjoy restoring,and using it regardless!,I love my 'OLD' types/Pocket Editions!...:)

Wish me luck guys!

Last edited:
I am awaiting this....
KhPs0YM.jpg

Even the velvet lining doesn't look too bad!,but on to the razor,which on slightly closer inspection,looks like this...
WCT7jCW.jpg

Have you noticed what is different with that handle yet?...
With an Empire case like this...
lX7104k.jpg

Seeing as it is a hinged case,and the back looks like this...
698Nm0f.jpg

I would say,as there is no knurling on the handles 'ball',and it looks like the more thicker,solid handle of the two that were produced,it could well be a VERY early (1907-1909),and rare,Canadian Pocket Edition,but then again.....
It may well not be...:(
Oh well!,it was worth a punt for £21....
I will still enjoy restoring,and using it regardless!,I love my 'OLD' types/Pocket Editions!...:)

Wish me luck guys!

Good luck and do keep us updated on what it is...and how it turns out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom