What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting on this little Solid Set brush in original canister. Set me back $14 but it looks like it's actually in usable condition.
rrmwex.jpg

This...

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I've been looking for an Aristocrat for some time now, but could never get one 'at the right price' and I resolutely refused to pay over the odds - superb razor or not.

Recently however, and whilst under the influence - which fortuitously removed my price constraints, I managed to bag this beauty... :):):):):)

Pretty excited about.....a mug.
But in all fairness a, to me, pretty special mug.
It appears to be the very first Old Spice mug model - the pottery mug w/ The Grand Turk ship made in Hull.
If so that would date it to about 1938-1944 (so earlier than those fancy glass ones that came out in 1948 ;)).

Sure the mug has a lot of crackling but the colors are really nice I think.
2rpfvi1.jpg

30bhg10.jpg

2ufew4k.jpg

We call that 'crazing'. Looks like you have a couple of hair-line cracks. For it's age, in fantastic condition - what a snag! Congrats!
We call that 'crazing' here in the Colonies as well. A crackle finish is two-toned.

Nice haul though. You don't see them that nice very often. For that matter, you don't see them at all very often.

Thanks, pretty excited about this old thing!
If I understand 'crazing' correctly it's "in" the glace so it should still be smooth to the touch - but I guess I'll find out in person next week.
I guess some wrinkles are allowed when you're 70-something years old.
I hope its stable enough to be used from time to time as I really, really like the look - and history - of it.

If I understand 'crazing' correctly it's "in" the glace so it should still be smooth to the touch - but I guess I'll find out in person next week.

I hope its stable enough to be used from time to time as I really, really like the look - and history - of it.
Yes, it's in the glaze. Look at your photos and you'll see some dark patches at the base - here water has gone through the crazing and into the clay - not a worry for time to time use. My cats' water dish is crazed and sits there full of water - has done for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom