What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Jpshaver - I've ordered one of the red + blue handles...

View attachment 14378

In fact, this is the one I've ordered - slightly different to the above:

11938778_1617957808453412_967920293_n.jpg

I went for a couple of those stainless steel razor handles being sold on ebay for £9.99 a piece. I got the D4 and D7, I remember a thread on here recently about them but I couldn't find it to swot up if they were any good but for £20 with free delivery I thought it was worth a punt.

I went for a couple of those stainless steel razor handles being sold on ebay for £9.99 a piece. I got the D4 and D7, I remember a thread on here recently about them but I couldn't find it to swot up if they were any good but for £20 with free delivery I thought it was worth a punt.
They are excellent. Surprisingly well finished for an economy handle.

This...

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I've been looking for an Aristocrat for some time now, but could never get one 'at the right price' and I resolutely refused to pay over the odds - superb razor or not.

Recently however, and whilst under the influence - which fortuitously removed my price constraints, I managed to bag this beauty... :):):):):)

Whew boy, that's a purty set,

Usta be 7-8 years ago I would see beautiful cased Aristos in the wild from time to time for very little money. I can't remember the last time something like that was acquired and seeing those pics gave me a tinge of nostalgia. That color case is on the rare side. Those are excellent shavers a bit on the milder side.

Make sure not to use any sorta polish on that nice addition to your arsenal,

Martin

They are excellent. Surprisingly well finished for an economy handle.
The razor handles arrived this morning, very quick considering I only ordered on ebay vary late on Thursday night. I'm very pleased with them, for £9.99 each. As a guide, my Maggard MR8 handle was not up to the same standard . No roughness or blemishes and the knurling that can often be a problem with the more affordable stainless steel handles is flawless. Very pleased with them and I'd highly recommend to anybody interested. Here is a pic of them with my Mongoose Dr Bomber handle for comparison.
resize.jpg

Haha! Cheers! It has purpose now ...
My collection is ASR and associated acts: Ever Ready, Star, GEM, Zinn, Kampfe ... DEs are long gone, injectors are gone (bar the Gillette Twinjector), straights are going/gone, yes, I do have a handful of Gillette Trac IIs, the odd French wedge frame, a couple of early c1900 Wilkos, a couple of Rollers ... but the vast majority are ASR razors, now well in excess of 100 of that breed and still growing!
I do need a long weekend to lay out this lot and take a family picture ... maybe Monday, as we have a Bank Holiday here in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom