What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this, to me, unknown razor.
The seller described it as having a 'spring loaded handle' which I'm not quite sure I see/understand but maybe that will become clear when I get it...
It has two patent numbers on it;
On the handle: PAT. 2,059,172
On the head: F623135

35a6oti.jpg

out6r5.jpg

Now, I didn't find the original patent application BUT I found the patent 2720695 that has a reference to 2,059,172 in it and what SEEMS to be a drawing of a very similar razor...and the 'spring loaded' internal mechanism. If it's the same razor/brand it seems to date back to the 1950's and I'll admit one that I've never seen or heard of before.

Patent drawing;
ifx3rc.jpg

The inventor was Charles Sabiers and looking into his history one can see that he was filing raz0r-related patents as early as the 1930's. Not sure what company he has affiliated with though.

For $16 it was worth it to get to check out something that, at least to me, is a rather obscure razor invention. Will see how it looks/performs when it gets here :)

If anyone have any more light to shed on this razor I'd love to learn more.

Update: Found some additional information in Waits' compendium and it appears that this is a "Flexo" of some kind:
dxls81.jpg

Last edited:
Bought this, to me, unknown razor.
The seller described it as having a 'spring loaded handle' which I'm not quite sure I see/understand but maybe that will become clear when I get it...
It has two patent numbers on it;
On the handle: PAT. 2,059,172
On the head: F623135

35a6oti.jpg

out6r5.jpg

Now, I didn't find the original patent application BUT I found the patent 2720695 that has a reference to 2,059,172 in it and what SEEMS to be a drawing of a very similar razor...and the 'spring loaded' internal mechanism. If it's the same razor/brand it seems to date back to the 1950's and I'll admit one that I've never seen or heard of before.

Patent drawing;
ifx3rc.jpg

The inventor was Charles Sabiers and looking into his history one can see that he was filing raz0r-related patents as early as the 1930's. Not sure what company he has affiliated with though.

For $16 it was worth it to get to check out something that, at least to me, is a rather obscure razor invention. Will see how it looks/performs when it gets here :)

If anyone have any more light to shed on this razor I'd love to learn more.

Update: Found some additional information in Waits' compendium and it appears that this is a "Flexo" of some kind:
dxls81.jpg
Bobble head razors...who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom