SOTD W/C saturday june 2 to friday 8

Tuesday shave:

- Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil
- Penhaligons Endymion shaving cream sample
- Simpson Duke3 Best
- Feather Portable with open Muhle 2010 head and Gillette Stainless #1
- Aubrey Organics Northwoods lotion with Herbíssimo balm

Today I have begun to use this razor blade gently sent by Milo user. And for that I used this razor head which gives a soft and smooth shaves!

Cheers!

todays shave
20120605238.jpg

dove soap/wash hot water face prep
The slim on no3
Feather Blade
TI Brush
Taylor's sandlewood cream
Geo.F.Trumper Skin Food to finish

Over done the shaving cream, so went in for a 4th pass ATG Got away with that one,phew, so extra smooth WTG :icon_cheesygrin:

Tuesday:

Razor: English NEW
Blade: Elios
Brush: T3 Manchurian
Soap: Valobra Menthol

Brilliant shave. Also this bay rum that Steve is making ain't too bad either ;)

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
'Webly'/Feather
Klar Kabinett SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
St Johns Bay Rum cologne

I'm gonna have to order more of this soap.....hell of a bang for the buck. Thanks to Paul for sending out a sample to try.

BBS results,

Martin

Tuesday:

Vitos pre-shave
Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Omega silvertip
Muhle R89/Weber Bulldog
Astra SP (1)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS

Great shave. BBS results.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, high mountain badger hair
Razor: Boker
Superlather: Nannys Lemon + Muhle cream
As/edt: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean, close to Uberclean :D

Well, I've been away for a while and for a good reason too, I've had a shaving bud over for a couple of days (all the way form Australia, Frankenstein over at SRP :)). He happens to be a very gifted violin player as well and I got the rare treat of shaving to classical music this weekend :D. Today's pic has a small hobby of mine included, even though no longer an "active" one, but I've got more than a few crystal stones from India at home.
0101024x704.jpg

Rob:
Robspelar800x638.jpg

... and some coffee of course, hobby and a must every day :D
002800x548.jpg

One Planet moisturiser (now all gone)
D R Harris Arlington cream
Ever Ready 1912 with GEM SE blade
Gillette Super Adjustable on 2 with Gillette Super Silver to finish
Proraso pre- and post-shave cream

The ER with a modern GEM blade cuts through stubble as if it wasn't there but I've noticed it can't give me a very close finish (seems to take off skin rather than shorter stubble). The SA on 2 with the Super Silver (not the sharpest blade) made a surprisingly good pairing for this job on my neck.

Tuesday

Fatip Gold Grande
Personna Medical Blade
Mike's Natural Lime Shave Soap
Vie- Long Pro Horsehair
Nivea Sensitive Post Balm
Krampert's Finest Bay Rum/Balm

Nothing short of a BBS using my new Fatip Grande. Has the same head as the very expensive Joris.

Tuesday ! The Transit of Venus . Yes it overcast right now so I may have to wait another 100yrs+ for the next:)-(.
Straight razors... Really thought that I was doing well with my Honing! Then just when you thought it was safe to put the disposable away...
Razor: Feather Artist ... Wow had to look if I really had a blade in it! Had put it up about a month ago. Blade had 3 + shaves on it. Took it out this morning rinsed it in hot water and alcohol and It really could have been a one pass BBS! Fantastic shave. Even milder and closer than the Futur .
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Horse Turkish
Soap: Godrej blue hard soap. Also a great soap at any price.
AS: Osage Rub
Alum
Balm: Nivea protective
Great shave. For anyone that hasn't tried the Feather Straight .. I don't think you can top it for a real pleasant shave.

Tuesday

Proraso Pre Post
Kent BK8
TOBS Jermyn Street
Muhle R89 Gillette Black (1)

Slightly sore shave today not sure where it went wrong, think my neck is still recovering from the other shave with my straight. A small amount of irritation on my neck, I think I'm finding the TOBS creams leave my skin quite dry after the second pass, despite the lather being lovely and slick. It almost sits on my face despite some good face lathering. Which I'm starting to enjoy more than bowl lathering now!

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, high mountain badger hair
Razor: Boker
Superlather: Nannys Lemon + Muhle cream
As/edt: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean, close to Uberclean :D

Well, I've been away for a while and for a good reason too, I've had a shaving bud over for a couple of days (all the way form Australia, Frankenstein over at SRP :)). He happens to be a very gifted violin player as well and I got the rare treat of shaving to classical music this weekend :D. Today's pic has a small hobby of mine included, even though no longer an "active" one, but I've got more than a few crystal stones from India at home.
0101024x704.jpg

Rob:
Robspelar800x638.jpg

... and some coffee of course, hobby and a must every day :D
002800x548.jpg
And why not old chap, probably sounds better than my iPhone 4s in the shaving den;-)

Tuesday Shave

Weber Bulldog DLC
Gillette Bleue extra #3
FS finest
La Toja stick
Prof's Green ginger
Prof's Universal Balm

The Weber teamed up with a Bleue extra is a match made in heaven! It seems to melt the whiskers away. Very close and very smooth.

pugh-the-special-one said:
Prep Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Soap
Razor Thiers Issard Dreadnought 7/8 in blue box elder burl
Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
Shaving cream Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau de parfum

Jamie.

A lovely set up and a lovely shave two pass shave very minor touch up.

004-1.jpg

I like this photo. Very good. Thank you.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold water
Razor: Joseph Rodgers "The Favorite", restored by Jamie
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone chubby 26mm super silvertip
Soap: Trumper's West Indian Limes
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT

Third shave with this razor and far and away the best - partly because less growth, perhaps, but I think mainly a combination of more familiarity and a slightly shallower angle. A bit less close than I usually get on my face, not far from right on my neck, and all highly enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom