SOTD W/C saturday june 2 to friday 8

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Feather
Klar Kabinett SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Popped a fresh Feather in the Webly and went to whackin two days worth of whiskers. The shave was effortless with this set up.

There's only a few razors that tame this very sharp blade to my liking, and the frankenrazor does the trick about perfectly.

BBS results,

Martin

IMAG0047.jpg

Gillette fat handle Tech
Gillette 365 (4)
Palmolive cream
NF 2221
Witch hazel
Bulldog face balm

A 'Sainsburys shave' today!

First time using the Palmolive cream. Not quite as good as the stick IMHO but we are talking very slim margins. It is without doubt an excellent performer for the money it costs.

As for the Tech, hmmm. I wonder if my beard is too coarse for it? I got a reasonable shave (almost BBS in fact) in the end but only after buffing in quite a few areas after my third ATG pass.

I appreciate it's lack of drama, and the fact you are unlikely to cut yourself, but I think I prefer something with a bit more bite.

C.V.Heljestrand 29 The (MINI)
047vgw.jpg

Dove soap/hot face cloth prep
Taylor's shaving soap sandlewood
TI brush
Geo.f.trumper skin food to finish

Since I hardly ever shave with soap (allways a cream ) I want to explore shaving soap a bit more, but my face don't dig shaving soap with a straight razor,
not a problem with the mini, she's far to light to do much damage on my face.

I've really started to get used to this razor, it may lack the weight of a bigger razor And will not shave as close as a 5/8 size razor or bigger, but it's comfy enough to casualy shave with, if you dont want to go that one step closer that is.

BSS WTG.

See the picture. that was taken with a iphone 4S.
I have turnd my house upside down looking for the nokia cable can I find it.... NO
:mad: It's gone, into the bermuda triangle that is the house * Spooky *

Yeeeeeehhhhhhhaaaaaaaa the cable returns.
Just think of me ripping the house to bits in a temper looking for this poxey thing, and where was it?............ One of my little darling children tossed it into the cupboard but no confession to the crime! Thumb screws time,confess you Tarquin sharliton !!!!!!!

EJDE89L with Wilkinson Sword (5 and out, a couple of which were not full shaves...tidying up after using a straight)
EJ pure badger
Nuage shaving oil
TOBS avocado cream
RSC balm

Nice. Have got more mileage than usual for me out of this blade...be interesting to see over the next few shaves if that's an indication of a technique improvement or just a particularly good blade.

muhle r89
supermax super platinum
shavemac #25 silvertip
speick shave cream
eau de brut AS
boots no7 post shave balm

nice and close, very smooth shave. first shave with the r89 for a while and id forgotten how mild it was. loving the eau de brut too, its my favourite smelling AS at the moment, light and quite fitting for a summers day.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold.
Razor: Joseph Rodgers "The Favorite", restored by Jamie
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone chubby 26mm super silvertip
Cream: Trumper's Sandalwood
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood

No scent as I'm going training almost immediately. Stropped on the Bechet-supplied leather, seemed to go ok. A better shave than yesterday, I think; still draggy in places, but less badly so. Not as close as with the Artist, but a perfectly acceptable shave - well into DFS territory, and comfortable.

Razor: Straight Robert Klaas
Brush: MÜHLE Pure Badger 21mm
Cream: Old Spice
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: Floïd Vigoroso

Have a nice Monday everyone!

Razor: Clix 500
Blade: Gillette Yellow
Cream: Art of Shaving Sea Kelp!
Brush: Kent
Aftershave: Alum and a light dose of Proraso!

I really like this razor, I've been told Weber 99% copy! Hmmm, why mess with perfection?

It must be the Transit of Venus !! I actual went to Walmart to look for a case to hold only 7 straight razors that I could hang by the sink!! Yes I was going to limit my self to my 7 favorites!!:)-( thank goodness I came to my senses and realized that may be if I polished and honed it one more time it would be my new favorite!!!and i put that case away!!! hope none of you ever have a moment like that!
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Razor: Crown and Sword. Wald Germany marked 4820. Just purchased and honed. Ok, may run it through the stows again.
Brush: Badger
Soap: Vito Extra Super
Alum
AS: Clubman VI Bay Rum
Balm: Neutrogena post shave lotion
Nice shave. Razor ok need to try her again for balance.
[attachment=4927]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338873140.666715.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338873140.666715.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 6
Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: KENT BK12 Pure Badger Siver tip
SOAP/CREAM: J&E Atkinson's I COLONIALI, Softening Shaving Cream with Rhubarb
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 8/8" J.A. Henckels Friodur, Square Point, Stainless steel
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: J&E Atkinson's I COLONIALI, Sooting Aftershave Emulsion with Rhubarb
RESULT: Awesome shave

SODT_FRIODUR_B-1.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

SOTD 5-06-2012

Pre : Shower
Razor : Muhle R41
Blade : Feather (2)
Brush : Semogue LE 2011 # 1 Bristle
Cream / Soap : Cella Red tub
ASL : 4711 Portugal (from my business trip in Tokyo ) :icon_surprised:

Prep Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Soap
Razor Thiers Issard Dreadnought 7/8 in blue box elder burl
Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
Shaving cream Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau de parfum

Jamie.

A lovely set up and a lovely shave two pass shave very minor touch up.

004-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom