SOTD w/c Sat 31ST March- Fri 6TH April. incl.

Monday off work all week
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Semogue 830 Shaving Brush
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor

Today, an italian shave!

152j80w.jpg

Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil + Vitos Coconut shaving soap + Vie&Long 16910 "two bands edition" + Merkur Futur at 2,5 dial with Gillette Platinum #3 + Thayers Lavender "alum" + Floid Blue italian lotion with Proraso balm

An excellent shave with this Futur. In my beard it works better with high dial, that's clear. Next time I'll try even higher, hehe.

Vito's soap works well but the scent is almond like most of 1 kg. italian soaps... Must have 0'00001 gr. of coconut scent I'm afraid...

Proraso balm is wonderful, and it mixs very well with lotions

Cheers!

Sir_eider said:
Vito's soap works well but the scent is almond like most of 1 kg. italian soaps... Must have 0'00001 gr. of coconut scent I'm afraid...

That's what I thought, but the strong almond scent from mine has faded, and it now smells more of coconut!

Either way, I'm very impressed by it.

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old Marshall Fields badger
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
vintage Old Spice SS
Malizia Vetyver AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Man, these blades are good ones. Somewhere between an Iridium and Feather when it comes to being sharp.....very forgiving though. Heh, I'm waiting for another 80 blades to be delivered this week.

BBS results,

Martin

MONDAY LUNCHTIME

Off work all this week and most of next.

Have spent most of this morning slothing and browsing the web for shaving bargains! Added £130 to my basket at Shaving.ie, then put it back again as I'm off round antiques shops later this week. If no purchases are made I'll be straight back though.

Anyway:

IMAG0241.jpg

Scuse the crappo picture but:

Muhle R41
Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Semogue OC 2 band
Nannys Sandalwood and Vetyver hard soap
Alum
Witch hazel
Trumper lime skin food

A few nicks, but crikey what a close shave.

Monday

EJ89L with Wilkinson Sword (2)
Vulfix 404 bristle-badger
GFT almond soap
Bulldog moisturiser

3 passes (WTG, XTG, XTG-ATG) + touch up on neck. Blade felt a little rough...unusual since I hadn't shaved over the weekend so skin was well rested..perhaps a dodgy one...I can't seem to get more than 2 good shaves out of a blade, out of those I've tried thus far anyway. Perhaps I will in a different razor when I get round to trying one. Decent enough result though.

IanM said:
Sir_eider said:

That's what I thought, but the strong almond scent from mine has faded, and it now smells more of coconut!

Either way, I'm very impressed by it.

Ian

Thanks for you comment, that gave me some hope about this soap, hehe :blush:

Cheers!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac, D01 hair
Razor: Revisor
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :)

I messed up the lather and got a to thin lather, it worked, but not very nice, so I only did two quick passes and got a better shave than the vast majority of all men on earth :D
008800x740.jpg

Monday:

Red tip Superspeed
Tiger
Keith 2 band badger
Nanny's Cedarwood & Vetyver hard soap
Crabtree & Evelyn sandalwood edt

Another speed shave this morning, but at least I used brush and soap rather than the RSC gel.

The Red tip/Tiger combo is so efficient it was a proper One-Pass Wonder. Nice.

merkur HD
dorco 301
simpsons berkeley best badger
palmolive shave stick
444/ old spice fresh lime AS

thought id try a dorco blade, not too bad but not brilliant. got some old spice lime in the post yesterday and its very good. an ok shave.

Monday

White proraso pre post
Neo custom 2 band
Nannys Yushu soap
Ej Bull Mastiff + Shark SC (2)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 3passes, very smooth, no irritation.
Nice!

This evening:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (3)
Soap: Pre de Provence
Brush: Vie-Long Horse 13070
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Result: not great.

Part of me wants to blame the brush, but the truth is that it worked far better than I remembered and was perfectly fine, albeit not close to my badgers - improving with time? I was in a slight hurry and probably suffered accordingly. A little spot on one cheek and a touch of rawness were my reward.

Back
Top Bottom