SOTD w/c Sat 31ST March- Fri 6TH April. incl.

Saturday
Arko with Omega pro 49
Klar Kabinett with Omega 40652
Tula 600 straight
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO Sport a/s cream

Sunday
Arko with Omega pro 49
Klar Kabinett with Omega 40652
Kamisori straight
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO Sport a/s cream

As the kamisori was not sharp enough, i had to do a third pass with my Lord L5 loaded with a Centwin SP blade to get an acceptable result.

IMAG0268.jpg

NotTheStig said:

What did you think to this soap NTS? I'm tempted to get this in the future.

Sunday:

Razor: Feather AC SS
Blade: Feather Light (7)
Brush: Semogue 2040HD from my good friend Andy
Soap: Tabac/MWF mix

3 nicks, nothing serious as they stopped with a cold water splash. I love this razor so far. Just need to give it a go with some pro blades.

Palm Sunday

When Jesus road on an ass from "The Mount of Olives" and the people laid Palm Branches o the road in front of him :D

Really there can be only one soap today ;)

Razor, same old ugly German razor which I have been testing AJ's stones on
Brush, Simpson 57
Soap, Palmolive (grated into a ramekin)
Post, Alum the Pashana Original

21kmfk0.jpg

Today the razor was honed on the Possible Cutlers Green, I don't like the name as nobody knows what the Cutlers Green actually looked like so I've nicknamed it the Cambrian Green as thats where AJ says they are from.

As it stands the edge on 1st usage wasn't quite as keen as from the green stone from the Tri Hone set, but it was a very smooth mellow edge more akin to my coticule than my Naniwa 12k A great shave and I think the stone has more to yield with practise.

Dipesh said:
NotTheStig said:

Sunday:

3 nicks, nothing serious as they stopped with a cold water splash. I love this razor so far. Just need to give it a go with some pro blades.

I quite like it. Lathers quite well, cushioning not bad. It smells like those little violet sweets you get in a cellophane tube. Scent is not too strong nor too weak. Not a fantastic soap but not a bad one either. I went for this because I was disappointed with the limes one so wanted to give another chance, and because I slightly preferred the smell of the soap over the cream.
Enjoyed sniffing them all in the Trumpers shop!

Sunday:

Vitos pre-shave
Palmolive/Erasmic soap combo
Omega silvertip
Long comb New head on a Muhle handle
Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS

BBS results, this razor was absolutely brilliant. Shave was smooth and very comfortable.

NotTheStig said:
Dipesh said:
NotTheStig said:

Sunday:

I quite like it. Lathers quite well, cushioning not bad. It smells like those little violet sweets you get in a cellophane tube. Scent is not too strong nor too weak. Not a fantastic soap but not a bad one either. I went for this because I was disappointed with the limes one so wanted to give another chance, and because I slightly preferred the smell of the soap over the cream.
Enjoyed sniffing them all in the Trumpers shop!

It sounds great. Thanks!

Dipesh

Sunday

Wilkinson "Sticky"
Gillette Platinum
Boar Brush
Palmolive Classic Lather Cream
E45
Speick AS Lotion

The first shave with a Sticky for 30 years (thanks to Ishmael), using the lather cream and blade I would probably have used in the old days and the old boar brush. Smooth as silk, a mild performance from the razor but an excellent shave. Why did I give up on DE shaving for 25 years?

IanM said:
Didn't bother with a cold rinse. Something that antdad had mentioned before now has caused me to try just a warn rinse and see how it goes. Also, our old friend willipeter doesn't rinse AT ALL!

I've been doing warm rinse only for a month or so now and I think it's an improvement.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Marshall Fields two band
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
vintage Old Spice SS
Barbershop Bay Rum
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Finally got a chance to use some Old Spice soap made long ago. Yep, found an unused soap/mug combo in the wild today. Very good performance....I woulda been surprised if it wasn't after reading so many good things about this stuff over the years. Whew.....that's a pretty big monkey off my back.

BBS results,

Martin

Gem micromatic (on loan, thanks Pete)
Old Men-U Brush
professor Blighty's Rum and Coconut soap
Alum
Professor Blighty's Rum and Coconut A/s

Lovely close shave. love the way the razor feels but nicked myself a few times. Need to have another couple of shots before I decide whether to look out for one. But this razor might be too agressive for my soft features.

Edwin Jagger DE87 with Gillette 7 o'clock black
NF2221 high mountain badger
The Real Shave Company double cream
Alum
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna asb
Armani Acqua di Gio cologne

nice and smooth, and ready for a meal at a local restaurant

jaycey said:
Today I thought I would try something a little different
Italian Collini Inch & 7/8
Pre Shave: Mangers Sugar Soap
Soap: Fairy Apple & Lime
ASB: Comfort Exhilarations Bluebell & Bergamot Thrill
EDC: Marks & Spencer Carpet & Fabric Freshner

The shave was some what disappointing, the Apple & Lime clashed with the Bluebell & Bergamot, the Mangers Sugar Soap left an unpleasant residue.

The blade was freshly honed so no disappointment there:)

Have a nice day all.

Very good.....and PILL FOR LOAF is an anagram for what?......

Shaved at approx. 11am this fine sunny morning the 1st April 2012.

Hi everyone!

Razor: Merkur gold slant
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Horse (Vie long)
Soap: Arko
A.S.balm: Dr Henks No 6

Turned out to be a sas apart from nicking a small bump I have to one side of chin, but this almost always happens to me when using de & se blades ! I had forgotten how very good the Arko soap stick is, produces really good lather, and I love the smell of it, reminded me of a holiday I had in Turkey a few years ago. Dr Henks A.S.balm is top stuff too, a lovely Bay rum fragrance,(if you like that kind of thing,of course). ' Bye for now. :icon_biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom