SOTD w/c Sat 31ST March- Fri 6TH April. incl.

newageshaver said:
jaycey said:
Today I thought I would try something a little different
Italian Collini Inch & 7/8
Pre Shave: Mangers Sugar Soap
Soap: Fairy Apple & Lime
ASB: Comfort Exhilarations Bluebell & Bergamot Thrill
EDC: Marks & Spencer Carpet & Fabric Freshner

The shave was some what disappointing, the Apple & Lime clashed with the Bluebell & Bergamot, the Mangers Sugar Soap left an unpleasant residue.

The blade was freshly honed so no disappointment there:)

Have a nice day all.

Very good.....and PILL FOR LOAF is an anagram for what?......

You're a mad sod n.a.s ! I hope none of our members get excited about this and decide to"give it a go"after coming back from the pub tonight!! Methinks they would get stuck at the outset however-hopefully...:icon_eek::icon_eek:

Sunday Morning

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: TOBS: Jermyn Street
Brush: Neep Silvertip
Razor: Rocket FT
Blade: Feather
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

01APR2012.jpg

spandexcodpiece said:
newageshaver said:
jaycey said:
Today I thought I would try something a little different
Italian Collini Inch & 7/8
Pre Shave: Mangers Sugar Soap
Soap: Fairy Apple & Lime
ASB: Comfort Exhilarations Bluebell & Bergamot Thrill
EDC: Marks & Spencer Carpet & Fabric Freshner

The shave was some what disappointing, the Apple & Lime clashed with the Bluebell & Bergamot, the Mangers Sugar Soap left an unpleasant residue.

The blade was freshly honed so no disappointment there:)

Have a nice day all.

Very good.....and PILL FOR LOAF is an anagram for what?......

You're a mad sod n.a.s ! I hope none of our members get excited about this and decide to"give it a go"after coming back from the pub tonight!! Methinks they would get stuck at the outset however-hopefully...:icon_eek::icon_eek:

Thanks for the kind comments guys, I have no idea on "Pill For Loaf"?
ahhhhh....yes I do, I got it....YES!

Tomorrow is just another shave, see you there.:)

This morning:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (2)
Soap: La Toja stick
Brush: Vie-Long Horse 13120M - "Wee Spaniard".
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Result: really rather good

This tiny brush seems to work better than its bigger brother. Did a fourth pass on the neck mostly to prove there was enough lather in the brush :).

May revisit my other Vie-Long this week too.

Preparation: Nivea sensitive face wash
Cream: Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn
Brush: Edwin Jagger synthetic
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley chrome
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Post shave balm: Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn.

Pretty much an Edwin Jagger shave. I've finally finished a jar of St James of London shaving cream, after 4 months (started this last November). I ordered some stuff from the English Shaving Co. 2 months ago, and have finally got to the EJ sample pots.

The shaving cream can be a bit dry, so I'll need to add a tiny bit more water when lathering to get a smoother texture. I do have a 100ml tub of EJ Sea Buckthorn for later, but after finishing the sample pots I'll probably start on the D R Harris almond shaving cream.

Just two passes, WTG, XTG.

Sunday April 1st. Happy April Fools Day.
Morning shave today had 2 firsts: using my new to me: Gillette Toggle F 4 and a new blade to me: Polsilver. Great experience. Started off on a setting of 2 for the 1st WTG pass then 5 for ATG and follow up passes. Used a badger brush with Spezial Rasierseife Classic soap flakes. Used it once before, needs a good 4/5 mins to setup a good lather. Aftershave was Clubman Bay Rum. And Neiva Protective lotion. Experience was well worth buying the toggle.

Hot shower
Musgo Real Lime Glyce Soap
TheShaveDen Iced SubZero PreShave Balm(heavy menthol and lanolin,...)
Weber ARC razor/Feather Poplar razor with Feather blade(for finishing touch)
Astra Super Platinum blade (hand-stropped) for the Weber
Professor Blighty's Peppermint Shaving Soap
Ingram Shave Cream with Menthol
eShave fine badger (long handle, long hair) brush
Cold water
Thayer's Witch Hazel with Aloe and Lavender
Isen Vann Lotion(menthol splash from Professor Blighty)
Geo. F. Trumper West Indian Extract of Limes Skin Food with TheShaveDen M Bomb added for more menthol
This was basically my Menthol Shave Day.

Johnus said:
Sunday April 1st. Happy April Fools Day.
Morning shave today had 2 firsts: using my new to me: Gillette Toggle F 4 and a new blade to me: Polsilver. Great experience. Started off on a setting of 2 for the 1st WTG pass then 5 for ATG and follow up passes. Used a badger brush with Spezial Rasierseife Classic soap flakes. Used it once before, needs a good 4/5 mins to setup a good lather. Aftershave was Clubman Bay Rum. And Neiva Protective lotion. Experience was well worth buying the toggle.
Tell me about the Classic soap flakes. Where do you buy them and how do you use them?:-/

Hot Shower
Ej Pre shaving cream
Muhle R41
Astra SP
Simpsons X3 Best Badger
RazoRock XXX
Osma Alum
RazoRock Wax
PEREJA Lemon

I still try some of the a various blades with Muhle after i loaded with feather blade weren't comfortable (Astra) today coused to me a redness and irritation to reverse last Friday with soap Tabac was a good ;)shaving ?

Gillette Fatboy on 6 with Wilkinson Sword Saloon blade
Tobs St. James Luxury cream
Henk walnut silvertip brush
M&S Harvard aftershave lotion
Alum bloc

First try of the Saloon branded blade. Similar to the other Gillette-made Wilkinson Sword ones. Decent shave. Adjustable stayed on 6 as dialling down to 4 just didn't cut it (literally). Although it did cut above my top lip.

Monday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette 7OC Sharp Edge
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Proraso Cream
Witch Hazel

I appear to have contacted another cold. That's 2 in less than 5 months after not having one for years.

Anyway, a Proraso blast seemed to be in order.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom