SOTD w/c Sat 31ST March- Fri 6TH April. incl.

I love the avatars and the timing of the last 2 posters... are Isaiah and Speedy conspiring?

Anyway, my shave today: Spent the afternoon whipping the garden back into shape after its winter sloth so I'd been filthy and unshaven all day... had a nice long hot shower at 5pm and then:

Fitjar East Indies cream
Rooney size 2 in best
Merkur 37 slant
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
TOBS bay rum

A nice shave, 3 passes with touch ups, very smooth. A spicy smell to proceedings this evening.
Impressed with the Fitjar, but not thirty quid impressed.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Marshall Fields two band
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
TSD coconut SS
Wilkinson AS Lotion (old juice)
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

This is the type of shave where I can get into trouble. No feeling of the blade on my face and I can bear down without a problem if I like. Shaving on auto pilot, and enjoying the fact I don't have to think about angle or technique. Muscle memory does the trick nicely. Heh, it's shaves like these that can cause me to be just a little sloppy and I end up with a little bit of red in the lather. Today was poifect!

BBS results,

Martin

Oh yeah, I should mention JoAnna at The Shave Den makes a nice soap. I needed to order some bay rum and some lime soap for a friend and I tossed a coconut refill in for me. Been using her stuff for years and it gave me an excuse to reorder. Better than average performance with better than average post shave skin care too.

SATURDAY MORNING

Ever Ready 1912
Ebay supplied blade - suspect paintstripper
Beejay custom brush
Nannys Sandalwood & Vetyver soap
Witch hazel
Trumpers lime skin food

First ever shave with an SE.

Thanks to the crapness of the blade it was an interesting experience!

Luckily I didn't cut myself to ribbons and it was reasonably close but it wasn't very comfortable.

Hope the Gem blades are a lot better!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Polo 8
Razor: Max Sprecher + GEM Junior for head
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Dr Harris, Sandalwood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

No shave yesterday :(, but today was another story in store for me: What a razor, Max S has done it - a mean lean shaving machine :) :)!
001800x550.jpg

Forgot todays shot off:
005700x471.jpg

Sunday

Muhle R41
Gillette 7OC Sharp Edge
EJ Best Badger Brush
Vitos Super Coconut
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Razor/blade combo worked very nicely.

Didn't bother with a cold rinse. Something that antdad had mentioned before now has caused me to try just a warn rinse and see how it goes. Also, our old friend willipeter doesn't rinse AT ALL!

Ian

Full of a cold at the moment, so last night was an experiment in the efficacy of wet shaving as cold cure:

Hot Towels over a sink full of very hot water (steam treatment)
Proraso pre shave (for the menthol)
Proraso shaving soap (ditto)
EJ DE89 / Derby (3rd use)
Alum
More proraso pre / post cream

Verdict... shave was fine but the menthol and steam was better. I had a clear head (and nasal passages) for at least 5 minutes afterwards!

Also... just realised that I've been treating my Proraso soap as if it was a cream - gouging out a small piece to be lathered in a separate bowl. I've no complaints with the results, but now feel slightly dopey. It comes in a bowl for lathering after all.

Today I thought I would try something a little different
Italian Collini Inch & 7/8
Pre Shave: Mangers Sugar Soap
Soap: Fairy Apple & Lime
ASB: Comfort Exhilarations Bluebell & Bergamot Thrill
EDC: Marks & Spencer Carpet & Fabric Freshner

The shave was some what disappointing, the Apple & Lime clashed with the Bluebell & Bergamot, the Mangers Sugar Soap left an unpleasant residue.

The blade was freshly honed so no disappointment there:)

Have a nice day all.

jaycey said:

The shave was some what disappointing, the Apple & Lime clashed with the Bluebell & Bergamot, the Mangers Sugar Soap left an unpleasant residue.

Have a nice day all.

Speaking personally, when I'm going 'off piste' I always find a splash of caustic to be a decent alum substitute. Perhaps that would have helped bring everything together?

jaycey said:

Have a nice day all.

mmmmmm..... bluebell and bergamot.... must buy.... :)

Today, an Irisch shave!

ncz3gi.jpg

Pre a warm bath + Irisch Moos stick + Simpson Duke3 Best + Merkur 37C Slant with Polsilver #4 + Thayers Lavender "alum" + Irisch Moos lotion with The Real Shaving balm

Irisch Moos range is one of my favorites! I think that the stick is the best design in the market (really comfortable to use) and the soap works really well. And what to say about the after shave, mmmmm! Curiously, it works better in my skin than the balm version...

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom