SOTD w/c Sat 31st Dec '11 - Fri 7th Jan '12 incl.

Wednesday:
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Gillette ProGlide Gel

Started off with Ingram cream and brush but couldn't get it to work properly. Couldn't be bothered to dig around fishing out another soap or cream so grabbed the stuff I use for my head.

Wednesday morning

Hot shower
MWF - face lathered
Muhle R89
Feather (4) - blade was starting to tug a bit at the end of the shave, time for a new blade methinks
Alum
RSC aftershave balm
Pinaud Clubman

Great shave, my face and I are much happier now that I've stopped going for absolutely BBS every time, DFS will do for a work morning shave. Love the Muhle and the MWF.

Back to work shave so waking up squad were required:

EJDE89
Derby
EJ Badger
Proraso cream and balm
Gucci Sport EDT

The derby was better today than yesterday, decent shave. Might try it for a third day.

After the usual 1=2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Ever Ready badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Sword Edge (NOS)
Valobra stick
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

This soap's really a nice product, with very good shaving performance and much better than average after shave skin care. Great old blade as well......very sharp but quite forgiving.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Ever ready brush 002.jpg
    Ever ready brush 002.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 5
Wednesday in the shower:

Mach 3 Turbo
Yellow Noxzema

Quick simple smooth, I've found I don't tend to need an aftershave balm with this foam. I do tend to put a bit of sudocream on my neck before bed though as my neck gets sore and goes red as the hairs start to punch back through.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue, SOC two band
Razor: Genco, Honor
Soap: GFT Sandalwood
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Dunno what to say... everything was nice and good :D
002800x578.jpg

... and some:
021800x683.jpg

Wednesday

Merkur Progress
Gillette Platinum Blade (Swede)
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Tuesday evening.

Hot flannel, D R Harris Arlington lather, hot flannel, King of Shaves oil, Lather, then...

1/2 face with recently acquired Schick Injector (with a K-Mart blade)
1/2 face with recently acquired Flare Tip (with a day 2 Feather)

Well, the injector tore me up. I'm guessing that was the cheapo blade, though. I've ordered some Personna's from Connaught.

The Flare tip was very good, if difficult to find the right angle (I've been shaving with a Merkur 23C until now - a kid could use one of those and get a good, nick-free shave). Looking forward to finding its 'character' with a few more shaves. Will be trying the Flare Tip in exclusivity this evening.

Back
Top Bottom